Author Topic: GD enabled, thumb is created but not shown  (Read 3195 times)

Offline preiner

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
GD enabled, thumb is created but not shown
« on: April 27, 2005, 02:29:06 PM »
Hi there!

I've been having strange problems with 4Images. I installed 4images on my webspace. Due to safemode restrictions I had to use the safemode hack/mod. Up to this point everything works flawless.

I activated the GD Library (info.php says it is installed). If I autothumbnail in the CPanel I always get the errormessage, thumbnail creation failed... But If I look in the thumbnail directory, these thumbnails exist and they display properly on my local machine. There is no way to get 4images to replace the "Eye" with the created thumbnails as far as I tried. BTW: Netpbm does not work either in this manner...

Thank you for your help.
Patrick

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: GD enabled, thumb is created but not shown
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 02:45:28 PM »
I suspect because of SAFE MODE the file_exists() function is disabled (less likely) or u have issue with permissions...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline preiner

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 06:25:23 PM »
The "less likely" seems to be more likely the answer, because if I upload the thumbs manually, they are still not shown...

Any other suggestion? Safe_Mode OFF is no possibility for me.... Damn...

Thanks for help
Patrick

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 01:06:54 AM »
I always get the errormessage, thumbnail creation failed... But If I look in the thumbnail directory, these thumbnails exist ...  There is no way to get 4images to replace the "Eye" with the created thumbnails

The error prevented 4images from updating the database for the image.  Therefore it doesn't know the thumbnail actually got created.  You'll have to recheck your SAFE MODE mod code and/or seek assistance from the mod author