Author Topic: Disable right click, but send right click info  (Read 6676 times)

Offline lakeside

• View Profile
Disable right click, but send right click info
« on: June 21, 2003, 05:08:38 AM »
Hi,
We have disabled the right click, but when an image is submitted, our site sends out an image validation email, and in this email, we would like to be able to add the actual direct link to the photo so that the photo owner can post it to other sites, but this would help to prevent other users from just right clicking on an image and viewing the properties to see what the url is and posting it when it's not there photo to post.

Does this make sence?  Is there a way that we can use the mod that sends out image validation so that it also sends out the direct url to the image in question so that the author of the photo can use it to post to other sites, while other visitors to our site are still using the disabled right click mod?

Thanks,

Offline tmacisnbr1

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 10:08:55 PM »
Well, you can either disable no right click, (look in the faqs section for a how-to). Or, there is a way around the no right click without having to disable it.

To get to url to just the image (which is what i think you want) you must right click the image when uploaded, and go to properties and get the link there. So to right click it and get this...do the following:

Right click the image, and hold down the right mouse button (even when the message pops up about no right clicks, keep the mouse button held down). When the message pops up, hit enter on the keyboard so the message goes away, and then once its gone, let go of the mouse button and your normal right click options will come up.

Offline lakeside

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 11:46:09 PM »
No, I wasnt very clear.

What I want to do is send the actual url of the image in the validation email, right now it sends the url to the page the image is on, which I also want, but in addition I want to send out the actual direct url to the image in the validation email.

Thanks,

Offline SLL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 12:28:34 AM »
if you mean direct link to the media file - find
Code: [Select]
"yr_image_name" => strtoupper($image_media_file),
right after add
Code: [Select]
"image_dir_url" =>($cut_url."data/media/".$cat_id."/".$image_media_file),

then use {image_dir_url} var in your email template. this is assuming that you've installed original mod

Offline lakeside

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 02:13:32 AM »
Thanks,
This took care of the situation great.