Author Topic: Thumbnails ?  (Read 5935 times)

Offline Rocket55

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.teaminsane.owns.it
Thumbnails ?
« on: February 14, 2003, 02:27:05 AM »
Hello,
I recently installed 4images successfully, I checked yes for Auto-create thumbnails, but how do I get it to work? I don't have programs that I have faguely read about, like ImageMagick, I don't know what it is, nor what I need to get autothumbnailer to work.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

- Rocket55

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 02:28:34 AM »
Please search the forum.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Rocket55

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 12:44:46 AM »
Yes I have searched the forum, and I did read that article and tried to follow it.

I looked and found nothing that is still in the archives about this problem.

Also, if you want a more descriptive problem:

When I upload an image I expect to have it automatically generate a thumbnail for it, since I have auto-thumbnailer on yes.  But when I do upload the image, it asks for a thumbnail URL, I do not understand this if I have auto-thumbnailer checked, why should I have to give it the URL?  So I enter the address to the thumbnail folder, and the name of the file in that folder, and of course it gives me an image with a red X in it, displaying to me that no image was found that matched the criteria.

When I did search the forum, I found things about 'help with imagemagik'.  I do not know what this is or how this works with this program.  I was thinking this was my problem, that I needed some other program to help it generate files.

Thanks for your help so far,
Rocket55

Offline SLL

• View Profile
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 01:42:47 AM »
Quote from: Rocket55
But when I do upload the image, it asks for a thumbnail URL, I do not understand this if I have auto-thumbnailer checked, why should I have to give it the URL?  So I enter the address to the thumbnail folder, and the name of the file in that folder, and of course it gives me an image with a red X in it, displaying to me that no image was found that matched the criteria.

you don't have to enter anything in this field. thumbs will be created automatically. pls be aware, that auto-thumbs doesn't work with direct upload (when you upload as admin)

Offline Rocket55

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 03:42:20 AM »
When I don't put anything in the category it gives me an image that says
'JPG' on it, with an eye.

It looks something like this:

Offline irishblue

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 07:09:36 PM »
Quote from: SLL
you don't have to enter anything in this field. thumbs will be created automatically. pls be aware, that auto-thumbs doesn't work with direct upload (when you upload as admin)

I tried uploading via admin and user but both do not generate thumbnails though auto-thumbnails is on. It doesn't work when manually trying to create them via the control panel either.

Offline Rocket55

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 04:06:04 PM »
Yes, I read some other messages about 'ImageMagik' but most of them are in a different language.  So I didn't get very far, lol.

- Rocket55

Offline Ernesto Taseffa

• View Profile
Thumbnails ?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 11:32:28 AM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:42:48 AM by Ernesto Taseffa »