Author Topic: Mod Request - 4images used as a Downloads System  (Read 4229 times)

Offline mrcbrown

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Mod Request - 4images used as a Downloads System
« on: December 12, 2002, 11:42:31 PM »
I have been on the search for a good downloads system for my websites basically something where I can display a screen shot, then provide a download link for people to click and download the application.

4Images is very close to doing that, however some of the file formats I am trying to use in their native state (PDB Palm Database Format) come up simply as text.

What I am hoping, is there is someway to either modify 4Images to accomidate this style of listing -OR- a way to prevent it from making the download link simply DISPLAY the PDB/ZIP as if it was a JPG/GIF?  If it would be possible to make the download link the size etc of the listed item that would be awesome too!

Any help or ideas are appricaited!

--
Chuck Brown (mr_b)
http://www.happypalm.com

Offline Cabbage

• View Profile
    • http://www.jimmieschickenshack.net
Mod Request - 4images used as a Downloads System
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 04:37:35 AM »
If it is showing up as text you have to fix the mime types in Apache...i think

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request - 4images used as a Downloads System
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 05:11:46 AM »
Quote from: mrcbrown
4Images is very close to doing that, however some of the file formats I am trying to use in their native state (PDB Palm Database Format) come up simply as text.

Zip your palm database files and then upload the zip file instead of .pdb or point the "download url" to where you have the zip file stored on your web site.  As Cabbage pointed out, web servers have no MIME type defined for that type of file so they simply try to read the file and send it as text to the browser.