Author Topic: *** HOW do i stop myself being hacked. Is 4images safe and secure??  (Read 9795 times)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
 HOW do i stop myself being hacked. Is 4images safe and secure??

Thank you

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: *** HOW do i stop myself being hacked. Is 4images safe and secure??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
As long as you keep your 4images up-to-date and patched, it is as secure as any other supported software. However if you run other scripts on your web site, then 4images can not guaranty any security.

We have several people reported their 4images was hacked, but it turned out to be wordpress (most of the time) they were using that allowed compromise their 4images.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »
So the new 4images 1.7.7 is up to date with everything and patched right. God bless u sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »
It is only if you applied the patched from the bug fixes section I've posted.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
Hello sir

I have just recently downloaded the 4images 1.7.7 for a month now and the posts on the patchs are posted on 2009. So im assuming that you lot have integrated the patchs and fixes for the 1.7.7 version. If not, just say and i will start patching away sir.

God bless u 100x sir

Thanks

One more thing, this forum. Did you lot create this forum?? if so i think it is a fantastic forum and would love to buy it. If not can you direct me to the place you guys bought this forum from.

Thanks again

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »
The downloaded package is unpatched version, otherwise it would not be v1.7.7 already.

The link for the forum software is at the bottom of each page.