Author Topic: Session error  (Read 6579 times)

Offline daniel_74

• View Profile
Session error
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Hello,

I have made some searches but the only answer I found seems not to be correct to me, which was that the problem is on server side.

I get this session error:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/users/web/b47/ywh.caboverde24com/cgi-bin/tmp\sess_72ef0eb8e5f4f087ccb3611bea38a3f2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in D:\inetpub\vhosts\caboverde24.com\httpdocs\property-photos\includes\sessions.php on line 94

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/users/web/b47/ywh.caboverde24com/cgi-bin/tmp\sess_72ef0eb8e5f4f087ccb3611bea38a3f2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/users/web/b47/ywh.caboverde24com/cgi-bin/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

this occurs after server migration, and so the path where 4images tries to write the session:
(/home/users/web/b47/ywh.caboverde24com/cgi-bin/tmp

does not exist anymore.
So the problem is not on the new server, but on some variable, which determines where the session is written to.

Can anybody help me, and tell me where I can edit this variable ?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Session error
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
Contact your server administrator. This is server side issue.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline daniel_74

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:48:35 PM »
Dear Vano,

thanks for fast answer, but unfortunately I do not think itīs a server problem, as the path which it tries to write to:
(/home/users/web/b47/ywh.caboverde24com/cgi-bin/tmp\

was the path on the old server - so if itīs a problem from the new server, how should the new server guess the path of the old server ?

Thanks for help
Daniel

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:18:48 PM »
unless you modified sessions.php 4images does not use any paths for sessions, it uses PHP built-in sessions, which being handled by PHP itself.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline daniel_74

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »
Hello,

thankyou for your great help - you pointed me in the right direction !!!

I found out that my old hoster modified the session.php WITHOUT Noticing this to me !!  :evil:
So I uploaded now the original file, and all is working !!

Keep up the good work !
Best regards,
Daniel

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »
I found out that my old hoster modified the session.php WITHOUT Noticing this to me !!  :evil:

That's scary...who knows that else they could've changed...