Author Topic: Fatal error thumbnail  (Read 8591 times)

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
Fatal error thumbnail
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:57:40 AM »
Create thumbnail for: 100 0750 (100_0750.jpg) .... 
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3264 bytes) in /home/motohnet/public_html/mmtgallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 80

Hello , I am getting the above message for some of my thumbnails, not all. some of the thumbnail are being created ok and some give the above warning, Any ideas Thanks.................Matt

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Fatal error thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

This error indicates that there is not enough memory allowed per script on the server to process such "large" images. Your only solutions are:

1) create thumbnails manually and upload them with the image (or add them later)
2) try use ImageMagic or NetPBM instead of GD (for information about executable paths contact your host's administrator)
3) ask your server's administrator increase memory limit (good luck on this one)
4) find another host.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 07:23:29 AM »
OK I have created my thumbnails manually and uploaded them, but im still not seeing the ones that i created manually. It seems that i am getting this error message on random pictures, I thought it would be on all the large file size ones, but its not. some are large and some are small and the auto thumbnail maker has worked on some large files and some small files and not others. I cant find anything in common with the pictures that are giving me this error. Hope this makes sense. Anything else I could do?....................Thanks Matt

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
There is file size, image dimensions and complexity of the image that could affect how much  memory it requires.
If you uploaded thumbnails via FTP (directly into data/thumbnails/xx/) then you'll need use [MOD] Auto-Thumbnailer to update the database.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »
Thanks for your help,  I did what you said But Im still not getting all the thumbnails, It didnt seem to make any difference. I have been through the forums and read a lot of the other posts about similar problems and tried the fixes that were suggested . I have been working on this problem for quite a few hours now but im not getting anywhere. Im looking forward to resolving this problem but I dont know what i am doing wrong.

http://motomechtech.net/mmtgallery/

user-***
pass-***

You can go into admin and have a look if you like...........Thanks again for any help...............Matt
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:57:04 AM by V@no »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 07:39:21 AM »
What I can tell is that the images that have an jpeg icon don't have thumbnail file on the server at all.

Perhaps this topic will be in assistance.

P.S.
never ever publish admin login information to the public.

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
Ive removed and reinstalled the script and uploaded my images again following the instructions. I got the same result as the last install. Makes some thumbnails and not others????????????

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 05:27:32 PM »
Ok, perhaps this will help you understand what is wrong.

Image:
http://motomechtech.net/mmtgallery/details.php?image_id=107

the original image is in
data/media/8/Harley-Davidson_Dyna_Glide_2005_12_1024x768.jpg

but there is no thumbnail for it, no such file:
data/thumbnail/8/Harley-Davidson_Dyna_Glide_2005_12_1024x768.jpg
the thumbnail you have is:
data/thumbnails/8/tn_Harley-Davidson_Dyna_Glide_2005_12_1024x768.jpg

Thumbnail filename must be the same as the image filename.

Once you got the thumbnail filename matching image filename, you can run the auto-thumbnailer mod I've mentioned above and it should find the missing thumbnails and update the database.

Or, if you don't mind a long way, edit the image and upload thumbnail from the edit page, 4images will do all necessary changes to the filename itself.

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 01:19:39 AM »
Thanks for all the help and patience. I have now got it working. I was using "Easy Thumbnails" which is a great program, but It was adding a prefix to the thumbnail name, Also the first time i installed it I think I made the thumbnail folders on my hard drive and uploaded them with FTP which doesnt work and probably had other stuff wrong aswell. I didnt notice it before im an idiot sometimes. I love this 4images script and now I can get stuck into setting it all up for the long term. If there is anyone out there struggling with the install, stick at it, you will sort it out soon and it is worth it in the end. Great Script....Thanks Again..............................Matt :D

Offline espielbichler

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
Create thumbnail for: 100 0750 (100_0750.jpg) .... 
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3264 bytes) in /home/motohnet/public_html/mmtgallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 80

Hello , I am getting the above message for some of my thumbnails, not all. some of the thumbnail are being created ok and some give the above warning, Any ideas Thanks.................Matt

I am getting the same error:

Convert image file: DSCN6283.JPG (2112x2816) .... 
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2112 bytes) in /home6/togethe6/public_html/gallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 80

instead it isn't for the thumbnail, but for resizing the image. How do  I solve this?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 08:07:18 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

Exactly same problem with exact same answer. Read my first answer.