Author Topic: [addon] DREAMBOARD V 2.1  (Read 481753 times)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: [addon] DREAMBOARD V 2.1
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2005, 10:31:34 PM »
In the mean time,

from your boardthread.php file,

Then, find :

"massage" => htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($massage)),

change to :

"message" => htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($message)),

Then, in your template, change {massage} to : {message}

As for the date, I'm still digging into that.

Sorry, for that stupid question, but I can't find the template with {massage}  :!:   

It should be located in your : templates/<your_template>/boardform_edit.html file.

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2005, 10:37:41 PM »
And the 2nd quote:
Code: [Select]
$thrdate =  format_date($boardconfig['date_format']." ".$boardconfig['time_format'], $thrdate);
I can't find it!? In my code there's nowhere such a line, neither in the boardmod.php nor in the boardreply.php....

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2005, 10:40:22 PM »
And the 2nd quote:
$thrdate =  format_date($boardconfig['date_format']." ".$boardconfig['time_format'], $thrdate);
I can't find it!? In my code there's nowhere such a line, neither in the boardmod.php nor in the boardreply.php....

My bad. This line comes from your showthread.php file. ;)

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2005, 10:49:21 PM »
And the 2nd quote:

My bad. This line comes from your showthread.php file. ;)

Ok, I won't do anything wrong:

I change this in the boardmod.php, boardreply.php and boardthread.php
$dbdate = time();

to:
$dbdate = time("H:i:s");

Then in showthread.php find this:

replace it with:
$thrdate = format_date($config['date_format']." ".$config['time_format'], $thrdate);

Is this ok?             ----> I've done this, buts nothing have changed, there's still the same failure... :?: :?: :?:

Now another question: When I create a topic and set the permission to member, why do all people can see the title of the topic, but they can't read the thread? I think it's better if guest see nothing neither title nor thread, cause its private or something else...

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2005, 11:27:11 PM »

why do all people can see the title of the topic, but they can't read the thread? I think it's better if guest see nothing neither title nor thread, cause its private or something else...

Sounds like the $user_info has been stated in a wrong place from a specific routine ...

if you ask me, this MOD has been coded terribly. There are so many bugs in there that even I - refused to installed it (just looking at the codes). According to me, it should be completely re-written.

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2005, 11:34:13 PM »

why do all people can see the title of the topic, but they can't read the thread? I think it's better if guest see nothing neither title nor thread, cause its private or something else...

Sounds like the $user_info has been stated in a wrong place from a specific routine ...

if you ask me, this MOD has been coded terribly. There are so many bugs in there that even I - refused to installed it (just looking at the codes). According to me, it should be completely re-written.

You are so right!!! Nothing else than bugs, but I'm a Newbie in php-coding and I'm happy to have a board  :|        --> What can I do with the time? The failure is still there...

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2005, 11:38:01 PM »
I just noticed something. In your boardreply.php and boardthread.php file,

change :

$dbdate = time("H:i:s");

to :

$dbdate = date("H:i:s");

(All of them by the way - there are more than a single line like this on each files).

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2005, 11:46:57 PM »
Ok, I've changed it, but still the same.... 

... and tried the same with the boardmod.php, but nothing :!:

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2005, 11:49:52 PM »
Which PHP Version are you using ? In the mean time, did you post a new topic / thread on your forum to see if it were working ?

Note: Do NOT check the earlier posts, it is useless since each dates has been registered into your tables already. You must try each times with new posts.

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2005, 11:53:46 PM »
Which PHP Version are you using ? In the mean time, did you post a new topic / thread on your forum to see if it were working ?

Note: Do NOT check the earlier posts, it is useless since each dates has been registered into your tables already. You must try each times with new posts.

Ok, my PHP Version is 4.3.11!

Yes, this is logical  :mrgreen:  I always post a reply to a topic of my forum!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2005, 08:19:16 AM »
Ok, for the date, here's the problem :

$thrdate = format_date($boardconfig['date_format']." ".$boardconfig['time_format'], $thrdate);

switch the 2nd quote

to :

$thrdate = format_date($config['date_format']." ".$config['time_format'], $thrdate);

from your boardmod.php and boardreply.php file.

TheOracle, this what I was talking about you replying to people while you have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have no idea how the mod works, all your changes so far are pure guesses, you dont help with that, you make people more confused by providing with wrong sollutions. Slow down and stay away from other people's code, would you? Well, untill you learn the code enough to be able to help.
Again two pages of useless "support" :roll:
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2005, 02:56:42 PM »

Slow down and stay away from other people's code, would you?

Sorry. I can't back away from something that has been badly coded + haven't been verified by administrators in the first place. :roll:

Again, you're pointing at the wrong user since the author of this MOD should be notified - not me. According to me, it is you who has made another personal point against another user.

I'm simply the victim along all other users who installed this MOD since it has been published. Since then, numerous response were posted regarding corrections of this MOD and it just keeps asking for patches (including me). Again, if your idea is to point out victims rather than authors - then don't reply at all !

Users likes the way I respond to them as I give them great support. If you're not satisfied with that, then there's nothing that can be done about it as it is simply your opinion.

Have a good night.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2005, 03:30:04 PM »
Huh? are you blind? This post not in "Mods publishing and support" forum!
Now you are trying present yourself as a victim of poor code? c'mon, nobody asked you put your nose into sombody's code, the code you dont know in the first place.

And its not only my personal oppinion about you not being helpfull in most of the times, trust me, I'm not the only one dislike your staburn attitude. and please dont even try to refer to the topic you've started in chit-chat about how good you are (yes, I read that along with other 30 pages, half of which were your help useless stratched on 2 or more pages)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2005, 04:19:11 PM »
Please, can you two discuss this somewhere else....  :?

The majority of the dreamboard v2.1 users, I think, need support!

I would be very, very happy if someone could help me!  :wink:

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2005, 04:24:10 PM »
Please, can you two discuss this somewhere else....  :?

The majority of the dreamboard v2.1 users, I think, need support!

I would be very, very happy if someone could help me!  :wink:

My apologize for this inconvinience Olphi.  :|