Author Topic: Upload problem  (Read 6593 times)

Offline qeqqer

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Upload problem
« on: August 06, 2005, 11:18:13 AM »
I uploaded my pictures directly via the ftp, when I'm in the controlpanel, and pres check new images I get this error:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1000 is not allowed to access ./../data/media/24 owned by uid 33 in /var/../../../../admin/checkimages.php on line 192

Warning: opendir(./../data/media/24): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/../../../admin/checkimages.php on line 192

I have checked the chmod, and the seem to be ok... also my host have looked at the problem, I have deleted the galleri and oploaded it again. I already have 1 gallery install. and it's working perfekt...

I have searched the forum, but haven't found anything similar..

please help me..

qeqqer

Offline Nova

• View Profile
    • 4images Templates by Nova
Re: Upload problem
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 01:29:50 PM »

Offline qeqqer

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 01:34:46 PM »
allready did, but have asked my host once more to take a look on the safe mode...

Offline qeqqer

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 04:18:28 PM »
Now my host to another look at the safe mode, and turned it of.

Now the message is as followed:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1000 is not allowed to access ./../data/media/24 owned by uid 33 in /var/www/moslund/randi/billeder/admin/checkimages.php on line 192

Warning: opendir(./../data/media/24): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/moslund/randi/billeder/admin/checkimages.php on line 192

Offline RoadDogg

• View Profile
    • Düsipixel
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 05:18:04 PM »
Do the subfolders in data/media/... have the chmod 777 rights?

Code: [Select]
3) If the safe mode is turned off, and the problem still exists, or if the mod doesn´t work:
try to delete all the folders in /data/media/ (called /1 and /2 and so on: depends on the number of categories you´ve already created).
then create the folders by hand, name them 1 , 2 , 3 and so on.. don´t forget to set the folder rights (777).
For support requests please don´t forget link to your Gallery/to phpinfo.php
Code: [Select]
<?
phpinfo()
?>
safe_mode must turned OFF
Please check Error Messages

Offline qeqqer

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 06:25:31 PM »
The all had the 777 right, now I deleted them all once again after my host once again changed the safe mode, and it's all working, but it's very complicated, that I have to manually delete and recreate the folders.. I really don't understand why I have the problem, when I have no problems at all in my other gallery on the same url

Offline Nova

• View Profile
    • 4images Templates by Nova
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 07:16:01 PM »
The all had the 777 right, now I deleted them all once again after my host once again changed the safe mode, and it's all working, but it's very complicated, that I have to manually delete and recreate the folders.. I really don't understand why I have the problem, when I have no problems at all in my other gallery on the same url

Although you have said that you checked the CHMOD, I think that you just applied it to one folder and perhaps you did not check the option to apply it to all folders and files within the directory.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 08:52:45 PM »
Now my host to another look at the safe mode, and turned it of.

Now the message is as followed:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1000 is not allowed to access ./../data/media/24 owned by uid 33 in /var/www/moslund/randi/billeder/admin/checkimages.php on line 192

Warning: opendir(./../data/media/24): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/moslund/randi/billeder/admin/checkimages.php on line 192

so they say, eh?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)