Author Topic: Conflict with PHP 4.3.2  (Read 3955 times)

Offline bc

• View Profile
Conflict with PHP 4.3.2
« on: June 13, 2003, 12:02:15 AM »
I recently upgraded PHP 4.3.2 and discovered that the Auto-Thumbnail and Auto-Resizer features in the admin control panel stopped working. Upon investigating, I isolated the problems to the is_executable() function called in the image_utils.php of the ROOT_PATH/includes direction that checks for the presence of the image conversion tool executables.

Indeed, I get fatal errors that the is_executable() function is not defined, and I could not find any instance of it in the PHP zip package for Windows -- I did find is_readable and is_writable, however. I just asked zak @ php.net in an email about the issue, for I am pretty sure that it is definitely missing (how odd  8O) from the PHP release.

My recommendation for the time being is to comment out any lines containing the is_executable() function if you are experiencing the same problems with PHP 4.3.2 on Windows.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Conflict with PHP 4.3.2
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 12:09:24 AM »
yes, this was discused long time ago:
http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3332
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bc

• View Profile
Conflict with PHP 4.3.2
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 09:26:33 PM »
thanks for the heads up on the link, but I still can't figure out what's causing the uncalled function error for is_executable()

zak from php tells me that the function has been included in libeay32.dll (ENGINE_cmd_is_executable), but it's still not showing up, even with function_exists('is_executable');. I'll check later today to see if it's due to Apache 2.0

btw if anyone can help me out, I'm running the PHP 4.3.2 as a sapi module for Apache 2.0.46 on Windows

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Conflict with PHP 4.3.2
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 10:07:25 PM »
Quote from: bc
btw if anyone can help me out, I'm running the PHP 4.3.2 as a sapi module for Apache 2.0.46 on Windows
I've tryed this combination just last week, worked great, everything was working...but apache liked crash few times a day, especialy when script scaned files...and sometimes it crashes so bad, that even from task manager I couldnt kill apache.. only reboot helped. Also, PHP 4.3.2 was corrupting files on my files download page :? ... even though I found PHP 4.3.3 woring little faster and it solwed many other problems, but crashing apache and corrupting output data made me switch back to v4.2.3
I have comment is_executable in 4images, auto thumbnailer worked just fine on any php version. maybe u missconfigure php.ini file?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)