Author Topic: Auto Thumbnail Stopped Working Suddenly  (Read 16262 times)

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
Auto Thumbnail Stopped Working Suddenly
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2003, 10:04:57 PM »
Hmmm... I changed the constants.php file as suggested. Now the error message changes to:

Create thumbnail for: 7412 (7412.jpg) ....  
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatetruecolor() in d:\www\imageshare\imagevault\includes\image_utils.php on line 62

Interestingly enough, when I log in as registered user and try to upload an image, I get the same error...

Thanks V@no!!! I appreciate your help very much. I feel I am so close to solving this!

Dave

Offline newyorker23

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2003, 11:00:45 PM »
Streetwise... what version are you running... I'm now on your page.. same error.

Create thumbnail for: IMG 5766 (IMG_5766.jpg) ....  
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/tnoe/public_html/gallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 63

I'm 1.6.1
If you are 1.7 and have the same error...then I get worried.

Also noticed that I don't have the below line in my constants.php at all.  
define('CONVERT_IS_GD2', 0);
So I tried just adding
define('CONVERT_IS_GD2', 1);
l
However I get the same problem.

Offline newyorker23

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2003, 11:34:31 PM »
I just upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7 without too much difficulty. However it did not solve my problem.

I still get the following when trying to autothumbnail create. It seems a step further than before in that it lists all the images that need to be updated.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/tnoe/public_html/gallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 68

Offline newyorker23

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2003, 02:12:31 AM »
Has anyone seen this at all? How can it go from working one day to broken the next?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /home/tnoe/public_html/gallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 68

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2003, 01:34:17 PM »
I'm running version 1.7 with PHP4.3.1. Still same error...

Would I be better off going back to an earlier flavor of PHP so that I can autogenerate my JPG's with ImageMagick or gd??

Thanks

Dave

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2003, 03:24:42 PM »
How Bizzare! I went back to the image_utils.php file and rem'd the line that says:

/*   if (!@is_executable($convert_options['convert_path'])) {
      $convert_options['convert_error'] = "<b class=\"marktext\">".$lang['im_error']."</b><br />\n".$lang['check_module_settings'];
    }
 */   break;

I then tried using ImageMagick, and the silly thing is now working!! :D  :D  :D

I have no idea why it didn't before?? Anyway. Seems like it's okay now.

<edited> Now that I look at the image_utils.php file in more detail, there's two strings that start with "if (!@is_executable": One is under "IM", and the other is under "Netpbm". I discovered that I rem'd the "Netpbm" section instead of the "IM" section. I didn't read the code carefully enough. That's why it wasn't working for me... opps.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Is there some type of downloadable user manual? I've never been able to find one. I've checked the faq section but didn't see anything. The information in the /docs folder just isn't enough for me.

Thanks again

Dave

Offline newyorker23

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2003, 06:16:59 PM »
My issue is also solved. This thread can be locked.

I basically had my ISP upgrade to GD2 from GD.  It seems the problems arose when he upgraded PHP.  

So one of two things happened. GD was not installed correctly. Doesn't matter if it is GD or GD2.  

Another thing to check is the PHP.ini (only someone with root access can get at that file) and enable GD. I don't know what the file looks like, wish I could be more helpful to others how will encounter this.

Offline Streetwise

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2003, 10:11:12 PM »
PHP.ini is in the root Windows directory (on windows  :) ). There are some Windows Extensions that are rem'd out by default. Do a search on gd.dll and gd2.dll and un-comment those two extensions. This is for version 4.3.1

Hope that helps...

Dave Anderson

Offline newyorker23

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2003, 11:11:08 PM »
In my case I'm on Linux and paying a hosting service. I don't have access to the root.  So I had to have the ISP do it for me.  Luckily it wasn't an issue for them, they did it.