Author Topic: How Do I Delete a Sub-Category?  (Read 4719 times)

Offline AzizalSaqr

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
How Do I Delete a Sub-Category?
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »
I am running Version 1.7.3 of 4Images on my website, and mistakenly entered a new Sub-Category in the wrong place as well as included a typo while doing it.  I am not a programmer, I lost mine a year ago, and cannot seem to find a way to edit or delete this mistake.  I was able to create the new Sub-Category correctly, but now need to remove the first one, can someone advise me on how to correct this?

Additionally, if anyone could point me to tutorials that would help me learn to do what my programmer had been doing, I would be grateful. 

Thanks in advance,
JD

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: How Do I Delete a Sub-Category?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

No programmer skills required to manage 4images.
In ACP (Admin Control Panel) on left side you should see a link "Edit categories", click on it and then you should find links to edit and delete for each of your category.

So in the future if you need move a category, all you need to do is edit a category and at the provided dropdown menu select it's parent category where you want it to be.
Also you can use up/down arrow icons to sort categories.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline AzizalSaqr

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Delete a Sub-Category?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:46:55 AM »
Thank you so much!  I swear I looked everywhere last night for a solution to this, and to find it so easy now definitely makes me look like the amateur I am. 

I have several other questions, if anyone is up to advising a newbie.  Feel free to message me, as my site is desperately in need of someone who knows more about 4Images than what I have picked up on my own.

Thanks again,
JD
 8)