Author Topic: Shifted Site's Server : Now error pop's up  (Read 3405 times)

Offline ecolatur

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Shifted Site's Server : Now error pop's up
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:36:07 AM »
I shifted one of my 4images sites to the new server. As I did a lot of changes in the template code and elsewhere and had already lots of mods installed, I preffered to make a copy of the site rather than going for a fresh install and then importing files and database.

How I did it:

1. I first exported and imported the database into my new server.
2. I copied the files server to server keeping the structure in tact as it is and even the permissions.
3. I edited the config.php file to point to the new database.
4. I checked the .htacess file and its the same as it was on the old server..

But it doesn't work.. The error which comes is this:
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@hotbollywoodactress.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Can anybody suggest what I left out..Or which files I need to edit.. The only change between the new and the old server is the username of the account..
example /home/xxxx/public_html instead of /home/yyyy/public_html

Please suggest.

Offline V@nо

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
Re: Shifted Site's Server : Now error pop's up
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:54:12 AM »
Welcome to 4images forum.

When you see error 500 (Internal Server Error), you can be 100% sure that it's server related and has nothing do with a script.
Contact your server administrator, they are the only who can help you resolve this.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
If I asked you to PM me, I meant PM to my primary account, this account doesn't accept PMs.

Offline ecolatur

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Shifted Site's Server : Now error pop's up
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:06:12 AM »
Thanks V@no  8)

I uploaded a testing.php file with phpinfo()  and that doesn't show up too.. Only static files show up..

So its confirmed that its a server issue. I have contacted the host and am waiting for reply.

Abhilash