• [MOD] User Categories Area 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] User Categories Area  (Read 90679 times)

Offline alex9193

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] User Categories Area
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 08:47:39 AM »
Hi budduke,
Thanks for helping me with my problem
my lang files folder + user_categories.php, user_functions.php
http://ifolder.ru/18349482

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »
@alex9193,

Try using the files in the attached zip file...
I think this should fix your problem with the multi language...
You will see the spot of the added language entries in the maim.php file after the \\added line
They are repeats of the admin.php file, hopefully you will be able to translate them to your other languages...

Apparently, I have been creating my links incorrectly when I have been creating these mods  :( , Live and learn...
Will have to go through my other mods to repair them like this one...

Let me know if this fixes the problem or not so I can update my original post

UPDATE: file has been removed. Please just download the new version zip file on original post.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:19:14 PM by budduke »
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline alex9193

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 07:28:28 PM »
Thanks!
Everything works perfectly now!!!  :thumbup: besides the link "back to the gallery" after loading of files (the language is switched to default)
You can check the website, pls find login and password above

P. S. If you combine this mod and mod "Category Image" - it will be worth its weight in gold  :D

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 07:33:13 PM »
Thanks!
Everything works perfectly now!!!  :thumbup: besides the link "back to the gallery" after loading of files (the language is switched to default)

Yes, I found that mistake this morning...
Try this new user_multiupload file...

Let me know if all is good to go...

UPDATE: file has been removed. Please just download the new version zip file on original post.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:19:43 PM by budduke »
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline alex9193

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
it's ok now!!! :thumbup:

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
it's ok now!!! :thumbup:

Version 2.02 of this mod has all fixes up to this point added to it.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 02:47:55 AM »
Hi Buddy Duke,

Installed your v 2.02 on v1.7.7;

Just installed this MOD and alas, some problems.

1. In the admin panel, when I click on Log Out, I get this error message:

"Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/user_functions.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/user_functions.php:520) in /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/sessions.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/user_functions.php:520) in /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/sessions.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/user_functions.php:520) in /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/admin/admin_global.php on line 94

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/user_functions.php:520) in /home1/xxx/public_html/xxxgallery/includes/functions.php on line 134"

Issue 2:

I had added several users as test subjects.  I went into the admin panel and set the User Category Settings as:
Yes, Using one main area
21 images
yes - Allow new users to create without admin involve
yes - allow direct upload as default
yes - record log file for all activity
parent category for this area: using a previously created category that has been sitting idle for several month.

okay, with that complete, I tried to log in as one of the test subjects and could not find the 'Your user area' and determined in going back into the admin control panel and editing the user that I had to manually activate the profiles with:
yes - allowed to create a user category area
yes - allowed to direct upload to user category area
selected the parent category mentioned above for this user category area

then, I relogged in and WAS able to see the Your User Area link in the userbox. But, when I clicked on it, it took me to the user categories page and yes, the link does say www.xxx.com/xxxgallery/user_categories.php instead of the action?=createuser link that you mention in the first page of this post to one of the users. When I click on the links on the user_categories.php page, it says I do not have permission to edit the parent category or upload files to the parent cateogry (that makes sense since by your explanation, the user category area should be restricted to just that one user category area).  The page also says I do not have permission to add a sub category

So, I have still been unable to achieve the initial activation of the user area.  I checked and reloaded a fresh copy of the includes/page_header.php file, ensuring that the //mod string was placed below as you directed.

I am unsure what permissions I should assign to the parent category for in the admin panel. Here are the current settings:
1. view category - registered users
2 - 8. - administrators
9. user manage - registered users.

I was extremely slow and methodical in adding all of the mods to the files. What do you think I have missed or what series of problems do you think I have encountered?

Thanks,

Brian

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »
@surferboy,
Sorry about the troubles but the log out problem is a problem with this mod.
I always tell people do not logout on the admin panel, go back to the main gallery site and logout there and you should not see those errors. I copied the function from the admin area without renaming them so they conflict when you logout of the admin panel. When I get around to making a new version of this mod that is at the top of the list of fixes.

the other part, the checkbox for allow NEW users, does not do anything to your current users, just anyone who signs up from that point forward.
if you know sql, you can send a command to change that field in everyone's account in the database (another on my list of things to add)

The permissions should be handled by the mod, the parent folder should be set at user manage-private.

when the user first clicks on their user area, it should ask if they want to create their folder, when they select yes, then it creates the folder with all the rights.
If you already placed info in their field for the category, change it to 0 and the mod should take over from there.

Hope that helps,
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »
Hi -

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Bugs are bugs. No problems on the logout from the admin control panel. I understand.

Unfortunately, I am still unsuccessful in activating a new User Area for one of the registered users. I changed the user manage - private but that still did not allow the User Area to activate.

To troubleshoot this, could you tell me what permissions I should use for settings 1 - 9 for the parent category for the User Category? All administrator except for the last one or all private? I keep getting an error - you do not have permission to access this page with all of the settings at private.  Or should I be trying to click on the permissions page? Sorry about the confusion.

Also, unfortunately, I do not understand what you mean when you say
If you already placed info in their field for the category, change it to 0 and the mod should take over from there.

Thanks so much for patience as I try to understand this.

Brian

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »
@ surferboy,
I put together a screenshot showing what you were asking for.
Maybe it will help others in understanding this mod better...

Let me know if you are still lost, I may need a link where I can test it out.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »
Hi -

Thanks again and again and again for taking the time to respond so quickly to me. I was able to achieve success but I do want to explain what I did because other users may find this helpful

My User Categories installation is slightly different than the image you posted. If we treat your image as having four quadrants, then here are the differences:

In the upper left quadrant:

Everything matches in my admin panel for User Category Settings.

In the lower left quadrant:

1. I do not see a field below the user manage drop down in edit categories for "Category Image" so I only have 9 fields while you have 10. Therefore I do not see an image count of images in the user category.

In the upper right quadrant:

1. My screen says 'parent category for this user category area' and it is not a blank field but a drop down field of all the categories. To achieve what you said of entering a "0", I had to change the drop down selection from the current parent user category to 'No Category.'

In the lower right quadrant:

1. I think you made a slight typo. I think you meant to write in black "upload" and "direct upload" instead of download and direct download. The permissions area may be confusing for others because if they (I) look in the user groups permissions, we see the same check boxes for the User Category areas and they are unchecked. I had a look in the admin panel for one user and looked at the permissions and they are all checked just as you show in your image.
--------------------------

I just uploaded some images into the personal user area using your multiupload and everything went fine, and thumbnails were created.  My other comments:  the single upload vs. multiupload is confusing since the single upload button is present for the other categories but that is just a matter of removing the coding on the html file. When I click on the User Category and click the user main category, I find I can edit the description but not the name so the category name is something like 'joe's collection.'  It would be nice to allow our users to change the name of their main user category but I don't know if that is possible.  I just noticed I can change the name of the member main category but only from the admin panel.

That's it I think. 

Thanks again.

Brian

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 04:34:38 AM »
Buddke or ayone like vano

i have a quesition, please foprgive me i have read your description but im just finding it hard to grasp.

1) what exctly is the objective of this MOD? What does is do for the userside as oppose to what it does for the users viewing other users.
2) U said they get thre own user area to upload stuff to different categories,. How does this work? So i have control to create as much folders i can for different upload purposes? How does other users get to see other users images by clicking on users link?.
3) there are 3 download links on offer, i have 1.7.7 already but with much installed mods already. like friends and personal messagining. So should i just download the MOD called user categoris??

plz help me expalin my questions please

thank u

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 05:13:33 AM »
Hey Zman,

this MOD is perfect for our rowing community. We want our members to upload rowing pictures to various public categories like regattas, or countries, and so on.  But ... we also want our members to share their personal pictures .. of their cruise ship trip, or their new dog, or their big family gathering.  

So this MOD allows us to keep our rowing pictures in the rowing categories, and then each member can have their OWN photo album where ONLY THEY can upload pictures of their new doggie, or their boyfriend, or their car, or their halloween party.  

The beauty of this MOD is that a User Category is only allowed to have pictures uploaded from its own user.  Other members can look at the pictures, make comments, download them, send an eCard ... those kinds of things ...

But this MOD allows members to personalize their space on our community website.  I have already tested this out with several test memberships.  Under ONE PARENT category, all of the member's galleries are listed. So as a 4images visitor, I can see Joe's pictures of his car, Jane's pictures of her new puppy, and John's pictures of his boyfriend he just started dating.

The other main categories, unless you have specific groups and separate permissions set up, allows ALL members to upload pictures to a category.

I hope that explains the main concept and the brilliant work that Budduke has done to create this MOD.

As to your other question about which link to download, you need to install the MOD called user categories ... BUT this MOD works best if you install the two other MOD's he has listed, which is 7112.0 and 7385.0.  So install those two first, and then install this one. That's my advice.

Brian

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »
@suferBoy

Thanks for the rpely, it really help me, but i have problem i have so many MODS and i like this MOD is well but if i make fresh install then all my MODS go, but if i just install MOD categorie would this be effiecient enough to help me?? i mean it will still work right?

than ks man

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »
Dude, you don't have nearly as many MODs installed as I do ... I think I have 17 installed BEFORE I installed this MOD.  This was the last MOD that I wanted to install before we make the gallery operational because it takes so much time and you have to be very careful and methodical in making all the changes to the files.

I don't see why you would need to do a fresh install at all.  Like you, I have v1.7.7 and yeah, I don't quite know what to do with the upgrade to v1.7.8 but I after all of my work to this point, March 2010 - August 2010, creating this image gallery and installing all of these MODs, I can't even imagine doing a fresh install of v.1.7.8.  That would be a nightmare.

So even though you have a bunch of MODs already installed, don't worry. This one works just fine with all of the others. Budduke has seen to that. Have you seen his image gallery? He has a gazillion MODs installed on his image gallery. He, like V@no and so many other others on here, are not only brilliant but so incredibly nice to help everyone.

Yes, I think you COULD install just this MOD, User Categories, and it would work for you even if you did not install MODs 7112 and 7385.

Brian