Author Topic: Half of mods stopped working /no change to code/ cant save settings in Admin  (Read 3189 times)

Offline AntiNSA2

• As long as I can finish my site before I die.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelifephotography.com
Hi.. Well strange problem... HAlf of my mods stopped working.. It was really strange. I had to have my server reinstall backup..

And it didnt help... I am not sure what is up.. maybe it had to do with the installation of the color search mod I am not sure. I have walked through the guest book mod step by step... Nothing has changed in the code..

These mods cant have their settings saved in the control panel:

Colorsearch    (with max. 5 lines)
More random images with slide
Allow view GuestBook

When I click on their settings annd save.. nothing happens...

However these mods:
Ajax starrating
Personal Picture
Ajax Slideshow/Piclens

can have their settings saved.....

NOw all the mods have worked together fine.. I just woke up and everything was ruined.. I am trying to figure out why. Restoring back up has no effect.

I have tried rebuilding search index, and emptying site cache.. and emptying browser cache.

If you have nay idea where to look for the problem let me know. The thing is everything was working perfect, I dont know why it stopped working.. BAck up restore didnt help.. I spent days gettign everything installed and would hate to restore a backup and lose 3 days of 12 hours a day working on it..

Thanks-
Robert
As long as I can finish my site before I die.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Perhaps your database crashed and was restored from a backup...if nothing saved in the database, make sure that the new fields are present. if it related to settings table, then make sure that new setting names are present in the database too. Otherwise run the database setup for each mod again.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)