Author Topic: force the visitors (users AND guests) to vote for the img they want to download  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Jetstream

• View Profile
    • Fotogalerie Chris Gubelmann
Hi all

I am runnig 1.7.4 and am looking for a mod, who forces the users to vote for the picture he wants to download. I have allowed in the most of my categories that guest can download pictures, but I am unlucky about the voting beheavor of my visitors (7000 downloads but just 300 votes).  Now my questions are:

1. How to display a message box who appears before the download dialogue, with selection poss. yes/no, who downloads only if visitor is clicking yes and aborts the dl process when visitor cklicks no

2. Can anymody develop a mod who allows only pic downloads, if the vstitor previously has rated the pic? That's exactly the thim I am looking for!

Thx in advance

*** German Translation ***

Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe die Version 1.7.4 insatliiert und suche ein Mod, das den Bensucher zwingt. das Bild zu bewerten, das er downloaden will. Ich habe in den meisten Kategorien die Downloads für alle freigegeben, bin aber unzufrieden  mit dem Bewertungsverhalten meiner Besucher (7000 Downloads stehen bloss 300 Bewertungen gegenüber. Meine Fragen sind nun:

1. Wie kann ich eine Dialogbox mit den Optionen Ja/Nein vor den Downloaddialog schalten, bei dem bei Klick auf "Nein" der Download-Prozess abgebrochen wird?

2. Könnte jemand ein Mod entwicklen, welches den Bilderdownload nur dann zulässt, wenn der Besucxher das Bild zuerst bewertet? Das wäre genau das, wonach ich suche!

Vielen Dank im Voraus für alle Hinweise und Lösungen!

Chris
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:08:45 AM by Jetstream »

Offline thunderstrike

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
8 steps need when ask question -

- PHP version (ACP - > phpinfo())
- mySQL version (ACP - > phpinfo())
- 4images version
- Post screenshot / URL
- Post code in BB Code (no need full file for code) or post attach file
- It doesn't work. What is say - what is do for no work
- Install MOD ? If so - please say (troubleshooting)
- Read FAQ ? Install Bug fixes ?

Offline Jetstream

• View Profile
    • Fotogalerie Chris Gubelmann
Re: force the visitors to vote for the picture they want to download
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:58:44 AM »
Yes thanks, this mod helps. But it is not exactly what I am looking for, because I give the download right for all my pictures not only to users, but also to guest. Now the mod you mentoinned works user bases, waht means that the info if the user has rated the picture is stored in a new table who saves all ratings by all users. That means, that this mod works only for registered users, but not for guests. Thats why it is important for me that this mod works also cookie based.

I found in one of the last topics of another user, john999, with the same problem and now I wrote there for help for our problem. We need extra code that verifiy the saved rating cookies before the download or ecard process mentioned by ch€ri{Bi}². Now I am, just like john999, not the php expert and need help to realize that.

Who can help us further?

Offline thunderstrike

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: force the visitors to vote for the picture they want to download
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:01:40 AM »
Correct ... not base cookie for guest. Add on list. ;)
8 steps need when ask question -

- PHP version (ACP - > phpinfo())
- mySQL version (ACP - > phpinfo())
- 4images version
- Post screenshot / URL
- Post code in BB Code (no need full file for code) or post attach file
- It doesn't work. What is say - what is do for no work
- Install MOD ? If so - please say (troubleshooting)
- Read FAQ ? Install Bug fixes ?