Author Topic: Sockets open and mail service not ready  (Read 3991 times)

Offline JSDP01

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Sockets open and mail service not ready
« on: August 28, 2006, 03:27:27 PM »
Hi guys,

I have just discovered this resource and think it is amazing, however, after implementing it on my site and being encouraged by the first results, I am now being told by my friends that when they register the message displayed in bold below appears.  As I am unsure how to proceed and I have searched all over the forum for an anwer, I am hoping that you able to help me please?  Many thanks, Jon

-----

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (is your IPV6 configuration correct? If this error happens all the time, try reconfiguring PHP using --disable-ipv6 option to configure) in /var/www/html/4images/includes/email.php on line 184

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.verseau.co.uk:25 in /var/www/html/4images/includes/email.php on line 184

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/4images/includes/email.php on line 185

Email Error: Invalid mail server response (service not ready?):

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Sockets open and mail service not ready
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:03:14 AM »
You should contact your web host administrator. It seems to be server-side issue.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline JSDP01

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:44:46 PM »
Hi guys,

I contacted my web host administrator re this problem and this was his reply:

The error message:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.verseau.co.uk:25 in /var/www/html/4images/includes/email.php on line 184

Why is it trying to connect to smtp.verseau.co.uk? Your SMTP server is named mail.verseau.co.uk.

This could be the problem.

So should i change the smtp to read mail.verseau.co.uk?

Best Wishes

Jon

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:51:56 PM »
If you are using non-SMTP settings (aka mail() function), then its defenetly your host's misstake, because that is how they setup the php.ini. You can check it in phpinfo
If you are uising SMTP then its your misstake, correct it in the settings
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)