Author Topic: Cant send emails to Users from CP  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Birne

• View Profile
Cant send emails to Users from CP
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »
Hi @all,

i use the sendmail option from my hoster. (without smtp)
everything works great.
users get the activation email and i get an email too(with a MOD) that a new user has registered.

only one problem is, that im not able to send an email to all of my users from the Control Panel.
After writing the email and mark all users i push the send button.

The message shows me that the email was sent without any issues.
But the receivers dont get any of these emails ?

I was the opinion this is a Problem that my email is detected as spam but why the users get the registration email ??
The email function in the User Preferences works too.

Is this a bug.

Greetz Birne

Offline hyde101

• 34TR.COM (Running 4images)
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgia Istanbul
Re: Cant send emails to Users from CP
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
I am having a similar problem, which I mentioned on the old forum, and just faded away..

I cannot send more than 50-60 e-mails at a time.. Could be my server's settings, but is there a way, simple way to
1) NUMBER members
2) create a mod so that members are listed 50 at a time, each with it's own window and a "SEND MAIL TO" next to each
3) OR create a mod so that members are listed as GROUPS of 50 at a time, one under another with each one in its window, and each window has a Number, 1 (1-50), 2 (51-100), 3 (101-150).. or so, and you just select TO: 1 which will be the field under "Send Mail" on Control panel?

Any chance?
This is killing me as I cannot update any of my members about the site! :(

Please Vote for my site: Here

Offline Birne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 11:09:16 PM »
Sorry, i canīt help you with your problem ;(

Still no solution.
Is there not anybody who have the same problem ??

greetz Birne

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:57:43 AM »
I've dealt with this problem for quite sometime now. The best here suggested some solutions but the bottom line is my host limits how many emails I can send at one time. In my case the magic number is 50. So when I send an email, I select 50 members and send, select 50 new members and send, and so on. Of course the message is in the clip board so all I have to do is paste it each time I send.

I must admit,  my membership is now  almost a thousand members, I wish there was a better solution. If somehow I could configure 4images to use my internet provider (cox cable) to use the smtp function I think it would work. But I don't have the skill.

Good Luck

Offline hyde101

• 34TR.COM (Running 4images)
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgia Istanbul
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 04:07:37 PM »
steve, I agree with you, however, with over thousand members, it is very difficult to keep track of which 50 you have selected.

maybe... Can we put a number in front of e-mails, but when sent it removes the number?
I don't know, I am drawing a blank here,  it is killing me!

Another solution was to send e-mails using another mass e-mailer client, and retrieve e-mails from db. which I have tried as well, but non of  the clients were not meeting my expectations..

I wish someone could help

Please Vote for my site: Here