Author Topic: Installation problem  (Read 3524 times)

Offline supahypnotic

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Installation problem
« on: August 20, 2005, 10:49:40 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been trying to install a stand-alone version of 4images as well as a integration of 4images and phpBB, but both of them failed. I had no problem installing 4images using Fantastico, but because I wanted to integrate it with phpBB I deinstalled that version. My web host doesn't offer Fantastico anymore so I don't know what to do now.

Everytime when I try to install 4images - regardless of the data I use to install although of course I used data that I thought would be useful - and regardless of whether I created a database and a database user, who has all privileges, using CPanel (I followed all install manual components) - I get this error message:

Warning: mysql_connect():Acces denied for user 'x_phpbb'@'host' (using password: YES) in home/x/public_html/shared/includes/db_mysql.php on line 39

DB Error: Could not connect to the database server (www.x.com, x_phpbb)

What am I doing wrong? How can I install 4images again?

And you could also really help me out if you told me how to integrate phpbb and 4images into one MySQL4 database (I followed all manual instructions but I got the same error message as above including one other).

Anyone... please help me out here!!! I'm desperate :shy:

Offline Vincent

• 4images Moderator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • www.foto-kocher.com
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 10:57:14 PM »
did you try the search function?
it takes less then 30 Seconds to find this question

sincerly
vincent
Beati pauperi spiritus

4images 1.7 // My Installed Mods

Offline supahypnotic

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 03:09:14 PM »
Yes, I did before I posted. Someone got PMed an answer, others were told to ask their web site providers, check whether they could use PHP & version, check the database / host / username. My provider isn't very responsive but I checked all the other things and they didn't work. Anyway, I managed to use Fantastico and get 4images installed. But I still have no idea what the problem was or how to install 4images not using Fantastico... let alone put 4images and phpBB e.g. in the same database.