Author Topic: REQ: SubCategory list (move up/down) & categories per page  (Read 3341 times)

Offline H2015

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I've been a reading for quite awhile. I'm requesting two mods that would be extremely helpful to me and I'll try to be as clear as possible.

1) Making the move up/down option in the SubCategory List easier

I have a long list of subcategories and I sort them out by the picture's date [when the pic was shot, so not alphabetically nor by date added], so it's really hard to keep bumping categories closer to the top or bottom at the Control Panel when there's like 50 subs.

So I'm wondering if an extra column can be added with the similar up/down thing but instead of one step up or one step down, you can go 10 steps at a time instead.

And that way you'd have the option of going one step or 10 to the top or bottom.

I hope I'm making sense..

-----------------------------------

2) Limited subcategories displayed per page

I searched and found that this has been discussed in 2003 and V@no made a mod available but it gave me errors, so I'm assuming it's a mod created for an older version of 4homepages (I'm using version 1.7).

Anyhow, I have Category Images installed [where there's a thumbnail next to each category name instead of a folder icon] and that makes the list appear tooo long and slower when loading, I'd like to limit 6-10 per page with a NEXT/PREV paging link at the bottom.

-----------------------------------

Thanks a lot and hope to find a reply soon  :D

Offline H2015

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: REQ: SubCategory list (move up/down) & categories per page
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:55:20 PM »
Anyone?  :|

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: REQ: SubCategory list (move up/down) & categories per page
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »
I searched and found that this has been discussed in 2003 and V@no made a mod available but it gave me errors, so I'm assuming it's a mod created for an older version of 4homepages (I'm using version 1.7).
since what u are asking is already avalable, then perpahs u should seek for support undert the topic u are refering to.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)