Author Topic: [BUG?] Failed to initialize storage module  (Read 5434 times)

Offline ariel106

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
[BUG?] Failed to initialize storage module
« on: June 25, 2005, 12:15:15 PM »
Hello, I want to ask something about 4Images. It says :

Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /tmp) in /home/ariel106/public_html/gallery/includes/sessions.php on line 84

I've change the permission of tmp (got FTP access) into 777, but the error messages keep on coming. I want to know is there any more "tmp" out there... Previously, I've installed this and it worked out great, but since I'm migrating to Drupal, since then 4Images spit out this error message.

here's my site (error preview)
  http://psyche.liquidh.com/4images/

======================================================

Well, after some experiments I found out that **maybe** 4Images not compatible with Drupal... I'm using Fantastico; I found out that when 4Images was installed alone, there's no problem. But once Drupal installed, then the error message re-appear (and Drupal working just fine). Maybe this is a bug??  Or there's something wrong with Fantastico installing Drupal or 4Images... I don't know...

FYI, I've tried to apply the security fix hoping that this will fix my problem, yet, the error still occur.

*** sorry about my english *** :)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [BUG?] Failed to initialize storage module
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 05:47:31 PM »
yeah, its a bug, but not in 4images, reather in your hoster ;)
contact them.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ariel106

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 06:10:11 PM »
ah thank you, finally...

no actually, I think there's a bug in 4Images, because it works just fine when Drupal removed. I don't know, right now I'm suspecting 4Images, and Fantastico. Especially Fantastico, anybody tried this? Using Fantastico to install Drupal, then 4Images. (FYI, I've also reverse the installation order, 4Images first, then Drupal, still the problem exists...).

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 08:22:49 PM »
and drupal is....and fantastico is...
are you trying integrate 4images with something? if so and they both uses sessions, then yeah, I think they would not be compatible without addoptation either of them.

P.S. I think u've lost on definition of the termin "bug" ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ariel106

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 08:22:42 AM »
Actually I'm using Drupal as CMS, and 4Images as my gallery. At first, my CMS was XOOPs and then 4Images installed into "gallery" subdirectory and everything was great. Later on, I want migrate to Drupal, and since then the error message begin.

I what you thinkin about "integration" is a custom-hack to make Drupal session works with 4Images, or something then you're wrong. There's no modification thingie, just try install 4Images and Drupal and see if you're getting the same error message

i'm using "BUG?", so I'm not sure if it's bug yet, maybe, perhaps, dunno... I hope the develper(s) can see through this and work something out ... cheeers!!  :mrgreen: