Author Topic: Search bug when images uploaded through FTP  (Read 3409 times)

Offline placuti

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Search bug when images uploaded through FTP
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
Problem: the images I upload through FTP are not being found when I perform a search. I get message "Your search resulted in no matching records."

I have uploaded the images through FTP (to proper folders: 'media' and 'thumbnail') first.
At the same time I uploaded the proper database table using in PhpMyAdmin the following:
INSERT INTO `4images_images` VALUES ('image_id', 'cat_id user_id', 'image_name', 'image_description', 'image_keywords', etc...);

Is there a way to fix this search bug? Or could you suggest me an alternative and quick way when you have a large number of photos to upload?
(on my server I have PHP 4.4.7  -  I run 4images1.7.4)

Thanks

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Search bug when images uploaded through FTP
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »

Offline placuti

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:09 PM »
Obviously I tried first the quick guide included in the thread you suggested me.
However that doesn't fix the problem, because what is suggested there is NOT ok to import 'description' and 'keywords' of the images.  Based on what is suggested in your thread, I should add manually in ControlPanel 'description' and 'keywords' of the images. That is the real problem and the real pain!!

I have already 'description' and 'keywords' included in a mysql file I am using to import images attributes in the database.
I wrote above a line of this file, I am repeating it below:

INSERT INTO `4images_images` VALUES ('image_id', 'cat_id user_id', 'image_name', 'image_description', 'image_keywords', etc...);

Please focus on that is written in bold, because that is the advantage of this method. It enables you to avoid the very consuming time method to add description and keywords in the ControlPanel. And that is also the regular way to import data for any script I know. However that fails in '4images' because the images added with this method are not displayed when I perform a search for it.

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:00:59 PM »
hi,

this is not the way how 4images works & i do not see that as a bug like you mentioned.

image_id', 'cat_id user_id'
there is no field like that one.

and search for "rebuild search index" if you want to make it another way...
cheers
Nicky
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! (© by V@no)
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

nicky.net 4 4images
Signature stolen from mawenzi