Author Topic: Thumbnails are poor  (Read 5988 times)

Offline cwestcivic

• View Profile
Thumbnails are poor
« on: April 10, 2003, 07:34:28 PM »
I have had the settings on the auto thumbnail from 0 - 100 and the pic always comes out very poor.  What can the reason for this be?  Can it be corrected?  Thanks

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Thumbnails are poor
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 09:13:12 PM »
Quote from: cwestcivic
What can the reason for this be?

many factors.
just give us more info what do u use to create thumbs
Quote from: cwestcivic
Can it be corrected?

yes

with so little information that u provided (actualy no information) nobody will be able help u.
please read this first:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3919
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline cwestcivic

• View Profile
Thumbnails are poor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 01:04:39 AM »
Ok, lets see if I can explain myself like a lil child.  I upload a picture to 4 Images.  I then go into the admin control and use the auto thumbnail feature.  When I am done, I then go to the front page.  The thumbnail image that is shown is of very poor quality.  Like the photo has been exposed to light before before being processed in a dark room.  The picture is not what it should be in looks.  Some of the pictures turn out pink, some turn out purple, some are a mixture of the 2 colors.  Some pictures come out very light, some pictures come out to dark.  Some picture are half good and some are half bad.  When I say half bad I mean that, lets for for arguement sake take a picture and fold it in half.  The top half is perfect, nothing wrong with it.  The bottom half can have anything wrong with it from one of the problems above( when above I mean like pink,purple,to dark or light ).

I use GD Conversion tool for thumbnails.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Thumbnails are poor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 01:20:35 AM »
if your host installed GD2 and if this wont help:
http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4543
then I'd asume there something wrong with GD installed on your host.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline cwestcivic

• View Profile
Thumbnails are poor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 04:34:26 AM »
Thx that did it, and sorry for sounding off like a smartass   :oops: