Author Topic: Email  (Read 22682 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Email
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2003, 11:06:22 PM »
Quote from: lakeside
so how about switching it so that it doesnt use BCC, and uses the actual email where it's going in the To field.

I think this wont be a big problem to do, but then, there is a hitch too :?
each of your members will receive list of others users emails to whom admin sent the email.
BCC hides it - thats why it was chosed to be used...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline lakeside

• View Profile
Email
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2003, 11:08:44 PM »
Thanks, I figured that would be the downside for some people, but in my case, it's not a big deal, out of all the websites I've run that have people signed up, I can only think of one time I actually wanted to send out a mass mail.  If need be, I'll harvest the emails and send them out through my regular isp using a mass mail program.

Thanks if you can provide the fix for me.  It's really my last little hurdle I think before going live using 4images for our photo hosting site.

Offline lakeside

• View Profile
Email
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 02:43:21 AM »
Im bumping this post, because I've tried to figure out how to make the scripts just use the To field but it's not working.

Ive only changed what I thought was right to do this (apparently it's wrong), by changing email.php to where all To fields include array(), apparently this is wrong to get the scripts to send to the To fields instead of the BCC field.

How do I fix this for my server so that it sends out everything in the To field.  I dont really care at this point if every other registered member sees everyone elses email address as my site is a close knit site of friends, not some overblown site.

Please help me so that everything works on the To field instead of the BCC field.

Thank you for your time.