Author Topic: Front Page Images  (Read 4752 times)

Offline jkernsjr

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Front Page Images
« on: February 06, 2003, 01:35:04 AM »
Great job on a great product! :D

I installed without much problem but have one issue. The front page (and subsequent pages other than in the control panel) will not display the header_logo.gif. All I get is a red x. Also I get 2 white squares, one in the upper left and one in the upper right corners of the layout. All other images and functionality seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Front Page Images
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 02:47:39 AM »
make sure all your images are on the server.
can u see those images directly, like http://yourhost.com/4images/templates/default/images/YOURLOGO.jpg ?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline jkernsjr

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Images
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 06:13:29 AM »
Yes all of the images are there. I even tried changing the header_logo.gif to another gif to see if that would jar it to work but still nogo. As I said all of the other graphics seem to look fine it just wont display the header and has the funny two white squares (which look like placeholders of some kind :?: ).

Offline Cat

• View Profile
binary mode?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 08:53:31 PM »
Did you upload the separated image with binary mode or with ascii mode?
Just a thought, but if you used ascii that might be the reason.

Offline SLL

• View Profile
Front Page Images
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 11:25:58 AM »
The easy way to debug this is either temporarily turn off javascripting in you browser, or remove right mouse button protection script from header.html, and then with the right button check the properties of missing images - you'll see immediately what's wrong