Author Topic: Re: [1.7.8] Check new images - thumbnail not saved if already existed.  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Phantazia

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
when i go through my FTP client to upload into my 4images
public_html/epaintz/data/media/1
then after uploading into that folder i go into the 4images control panel
on the left hand side it has a link for "Check Images"
i click that and another page comes up where it asks how many to check for i type the number of images i uploaded lets say 100.and click next
then the 100 images that where just uploaded via FTP  are there but will Not upload to 4images site!
and i can go in to the folder and verify that they have been uploaded and they are not corrupted.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [1.7.8] Check new images - thumbnail not saved if already existed.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »
Welcome to 4images forum.
On first page you set the number of images you want to see on one page.
On second page it shows you the images it found and offers you do any changes if you wish. After that you need hit "Save" button at the bottom of the list. Did you do that step?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Phantazia

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »
Yes I done that step Ive never had a problem till I started useing 1.7.8 when I upload from ftp and go to check New images it shows the images are there it just wont add them to the data base! and then when it does finally add them to the data base it doesn't show in the new images section when i upload manually after useing ftp ! i can  give you all my info and let you see what its doing. if need be... someone please help!

ok we done what you suggest to do at that top of this forum for the thumbnails and it fixed the uploading problem

Now Our problem is its Not showing when we up load New images from the site but it will show new images that have been uploaded from ftp ?

any help Please?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:47:53 PM by Phantazia »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »
Try with only a few images, see if that will work.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Phantazia

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 01:36:06 AM »
i've tried adding just one image from the script to see if that works and it still wont show new images i have upgraded to the newest 4images
i'm just clueless ! ive tried everything i know to try but i am sure you can tell me what else to do lol .... one thing we have noticed is
it has two folders of includes. and we dont know which to delete!

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Re: [1.7.8] Check new images - thumbnail not saved if already existed.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
Just for grants, can you try install a fresh 4images and see if you can reproduce the same issue.

P.S.
there can't be two folders with the same name

Offline Phantazia

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »
Actually I tried that and I have 2 other 4 images on My domain and they are all doing the same thing

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Re: [1.7.8] Check new images - thumbnail not saved if already existed.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
If you wish, PM me with temporary login info for your FTP and 4images (fresh one would be better)