Author Topic: mass Thumbnails - without Thumbnail creator  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Grill-Master

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
mass Thumbnails - without Thumbnail creator
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
Hi,

I have the following problem - the Auto-Thumbnailer doesn't work correctly because ther is to less allocated RAM - ok we all know the problem and I also looked it up....
All CMODS are set right and everything - it's just sth with the php.ini I can't edit!
( My webhoster wants 15 Euro to change that one variable inside the php.ini [blame revido.de] )

Now I found this:

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=21562.0

Ok - works perfect, except the problem that I can't use the Auto Thumbnail creator.

My idea:
Create the Thumbnails with Irfranview (or some other tool) on your PC and upload them into the thumbnail folder.
But one problem - how can I just say that
data/media/somenumber/somename finds "his" thumbnail normally in
data/thumbnails/somenumber/somename and just when he doesn't find that file he shows the "blank picture".

For sombody who knows better about php and 4images I guess this would be just 3 lines of code you have to insert somewhere.
I hope you can help me

Best Regards

Offline Grill-Master

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: mass Thumbnails - without Thumbnail creator
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »
I found the reason, the Picture was 2500*blabla ... so around 3 MB, but when you want to compress it you have to Calculate width*length*4 (as I know) that made around 12 MB so that with the Databases I really ran out of Ram ( never thought thats possible but okay..) so I just uploaded smaller pictures.

Done.

Please delete Thread