Author Topic: You don't have permission to access /ImageGallery/admin/usergroups.php on this s  (Read 11320 times)

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I have been using this image gallery for a short time and it has worked well up until now, I have tried to create a new User Group and get the following error.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ImageGallery/admin/usergroups.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have checked the permissions but still no joy hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards
Stuart

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
you've checked permissions how? what kind of permissions is on usergroups.php ? compare them with the rest of the files in admin folder
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thank You

I have checked the files using the cpanel on my website and confirmed they all have 777 (Read,Write,Execute).

Any Ideas what i can check next?

Regards
Stuart

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
and whos the owner/usergroup?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I have to confess i am not sure...

When I check the file using the CPANEL is says User/Group/World all have Read/Write/Execute.

When I check using an FTP Client it says the same.

Apologies if I am making this more hardwork than it needs to be.

I would like to SSH to the server but it is hosted in America and that functionality isn't available.

Regards
Stuart

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
any FTP clients can show user/group along with the permissions...
in some cases it can help just delete that file and upload fresh one...

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I have already deleted and replaced the file with a file from 1.7.3 I am really not sure what too do now?

Regards
Stuart

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
check error logs

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I can see no log data via the image gallery the only log data is provided by cpanel and that just shows a 404 error.  I will continue to review the information and hopefully find an answer but if I am missing something please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Regards
Stuart

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I have found all the log files and can find no errors linked to my problem.

I have installed a clean version of 1.7.3 and the usergroup problem still occurs?

Regards
Stuart

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
try install in another folder

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I have created a new folder with 777 permission and a corresponding SQL database and user account......

Not sure where to go from here..

Regards
Stuart

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
sorry what? I mean, install entire 4images into another folder...

Offline jangle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: You don't have permission to access /ImageGallery/admin/usergroups.php on th
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 05:28:58 PM »
I have installed the software in a new folder?

Regards
Stuart