Author Topic: No thumbnails  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Flybro

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
No thumbnails
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »
Hi,

Could you, please, guys show me yours php.ini? I'm trying to fix absence of thumbnails after uploading images but so far no go. They are not created during uploading process but no problem with them after upload finish and when I select "Auto-Thumbnailer" from Images menu in Administrator panel.

I'm a little bit confused by that.

Cheers,
Flybro

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: No thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

First of all, make sure auto thumbnails is enabled in the settings. Then try upload as normal member/guest, not as administrator.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Flybro

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:06 AM »
Hi,

Yep, I'm pretty sure that Auto-create thumbnail is enabled and that only images with proper size are uploaded. Doing that by ordinary user basically nothing change, because admin still need to validate uploaded images; so its hard to say that thumbnails are created automatically. I installed the gallery on two different systems and the problem is on both of them. Looks like some misconfiguration but have no idea where to looks. Is there any possibility to run the gallery in debug session?

Cheers,
Flybro

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
The validation process has no affect on thumbnails. If you don't run that auto thumbnailer in ACP (Admin Control Panel) and when you edit newly uploaded image (validated or not) see the thumbnail, then it's all good.
Check again "Auto-create thumbnails" settings. If still doesn't work can you PM me with link to your gallery where I can test and see it?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Flybro

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
Thx mate,

PM'ed details about the website.

Cheers,
Flybro