Author Topic: How to show category contains new images?  (Read 5589 times)

Offline LJ

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
How to show category contains new images?
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:29:17 PM »
I have seen on a few 4image galleries a feature that shows the visitor whether a category contains new images.

All it shows is the superscript "new" next to the category name. And if a visitor were to click on that category, they would see the thumbnails with "new" underneath them (which I already have).
The only thing I can't work out is how to get the "new" tag next to the category names.

I'm sure there is a simple way to do it, but I just can't work it out. So could someone please help me with the code.
Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline LJ

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: How to show category contains new images?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 05:27:26 PM »
So I have been told that by default, categories should display when they contain new pictures.
Mine is not doing this and I can't understand why. Something is missing in the code and I don't know what. I'd really like some help on this

TheOracle

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 01:17:36 AM »
Forgive me but I don't think I understand your problem entirely. Would you mind elaborating that a little ? ;)

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 12:14:23 AM »
So I have been told that by default, categories should display when they contain new pictures.
Mine is not doing this and I can't understand why. Something is missing in the code and I don't know what. I'd really like some help on this
indeed. unless you altered some code or changed something in the template...

make sure that you have
Code: [Select]
      {if cat_is_new}<sup class="new">{lang_new}</sup>{endif cat_is_new}
in category_bit.html template
and make sure that you have
Code: [Select]
$lang['new'] = "new"; // Marks categories and images as "NEW" in lang/<yourlanguage>/main.php (it could be different in non-english language pack)

Offline LJ

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 03:11:28 PM »
Thanks so much for your help. It works now :D I don't know why it wasn't before, I don't think either of those codes you gave me were there when I first set the gallery up.
Thanks!

Offline sbsreddy

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 06:09:18 PM »
It works for categories. Any help to extend it to subcategories?