Author Topic: New 1.7.6 Install Problem  (Read 8185 times)

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
New 1.7.6 Install Problem
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
I cant seem to get past the first part of installation. Here's what the installer says

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'newtest'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cydonian/public_html/4images/includes/db_mysql.php on line 39

An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
Re: New 1.7.6 Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 04:32:23 PM »
Thats what i thought also, I even created a new user and set up the same username and password in my mysql control panel. still the same error.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »
can you connect using the same server address and user/pass via phpmyadmin?

P.S.
did you flush the privileges after you created new user in mysql?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »
my webhost stated that the password i use to access my cpanel for my domain should be the same password for the mysql database. but it obviously isnt. maybe I'm entering the info wrong in the installation prompt window?

Yes I can access phpmyadmin through my cpanel using my usual password and username.
I created a new database, then a new user/pass for the new 4images install then assigned that new user to the new database, ran the installer filled in the appropriate info into the fields, started installation and same error. Dont know if i flushed the privileges after creating the new user. I just assigned ALL PRIVILEGES to the user.

What am i doing wrong? is it a server side issue maybe?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:32:23 PM by sigma. »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:50:22 PM »
I think you should ask your host administrator...maybe user/pass has to contain your host's username (i.e. your username to login to your cpanel is testuser, and mysql user: is databaseuser, the final username for mysql could be testuser_databaseuser )
also, make sure that database address/port is correct (not on all hosts its "localhost")

P.S.
I see you already running 4images v1.7...maybe take a look at it's config.php?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
Thanks V@no, that's exactly what it was. After checking the format of the old config how db name and db user are the same i finally got it to work.
this was just a test to see if the latest 4images works on my site, my old install doesn't work anymore.

lots of work ahead of me. thanks for your time.

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »
so now that I have confirmed 1.7.6 works on my server, how can I narrow down what needs to be fixed/upgraded with my old 1.7.1 site? My problem with the older site is I can no longer add/edit/upload images. All i get is a blank page.

Any ideas?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:35:11 PM »
There is no log of the changes made in the code in each update, and most likely you'll loose all the mods you've installed (basically you'll need replace almost all, if not all, 4images files to update)
as of blank pages, maybe this will help: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6632.0

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 03:30:43 AM »
Thanks V@no, I did try your PHP5 fix but no luck. Same Problem. Thankfully I kept a list of all the 4image mods over the years. It wont be easy but I will try to update.

Thanks again.