Author Topic: Bug: Thumbnail lost !!!  (Read 4765 times)

Offline tonyxp

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Bug: Thumbnail lost !!!
« on: October 30, 2002, 01:29:10 AM »
When we upload twice with the same picture name using existing picture on web and local thumbnail.  The frist thumbnail lost because the over-written by second one.

That is:

I upload image using existing url: http://www.domain1.com/8.jpg
and using my local thumbnail (browse from my computer) name: picture8s.jpg

After upload I notice 4images rename my picture8s.jpg to just 8.jpg (which is the big image name above)

Now, I upload second image using a different url: http://www.domain2.com/8.jpg
and using local thumbnail again but different name: pic9.jpg

After I uploaded the second one, I notice the second thumbnail has name 8.jpg and it replaced the first thumbnail.  Now, the 2 images sharing the same thumbnail. :(

Please investegate, thank you!
Tony

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Bug: Thumbnail lost !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 04:45:49 AM »
after script entered details of your new images to the DB it doesnt update it anymore. so if u phisicaly do something with the files 4images wont notised that. so all u need to do is edit that image from admin panel and update thumbnail.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline tonyxp

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 11:06:08 AM »
Thank you for showing this solution.
I was thinking of something else.  That is the peace of code that I need to change so that I keep the thumbnail name instead of rename the thumbnail to large picture name.