Author Topic: Thumbnails not showing  (Read 10927 times)

Offline tatty

• View Profile
Thumbnails not showing
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:03:11 AM »
I've installed 4images in my 4 galleries. The first one worked amazingly well... I felt delighted :D
The second and third had problems with safemode and I'm waiting for the server to turn it off.

But the fourth has something weird.
I know safemode is off (checked in phpinfo() ) and I CHMOD the folders following the installation instructions inside docs folder.
I've created the categories and subcategories, uploaded FTP the images for 1 subcategory and checked them. Used the auto-thumbnailer to make the thumbnails, and no error message bug me.

When I visited the gallery page to see how it was looking, the images didn't show up. In the place of thumbnails is a huge standard JPG image with an eye, and where should be the normal size image is a 404 not found image.

Any clues? I've double checked CHMOD in all folders and the SAFEMODE. No errors showing. The page is: http://www.ah-di-cted.net/pictures/

Thanks ;)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Thumbnails not showing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 06:41:46 AM »
File permissions are not correct.
make sure files in data folder are CHMOD 777
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:36:54 PM »
File permissions are not correct.
make sure files in data folder are CHMOD 777

But they are CHMOD 777  :?
I've checked just now and all folders inside data folder are CHMOD 777, but still now showing thumbnails or pictures :(

Same is happening in http://www.feelin-blue.net/gallery and http://www.ah-di-cted.net/pictures, both with 4images 1.7.2 just installed

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 12:44:33 PM »
I've checked just now and all folders inside data folder are CHMOD 777, but still now showing thumbnails or pictures :(
Please pay attention. I've never said anything about folders...
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 12:53:05 PM »
I'm sorry, I might have expressed myself wrongly.
The data folder and everything inside of it are CHMOD 777.
But I felt confused now... because there are no files inside my data folders (in the 3 galleries), only folders. But I've checked every single folder and file that is inside of the folders and all of them are CHMOD 777.

The gallery I have with version 1.7.1 installed yet is working fine, but the other 2 with recent 1.7.2 is giving me this headache.
I CHMOD the files and folders with FTP programs, and I have CUTE FTP and WS FTP installed, and I've checked the CHMOD with all of them.

Nobody else with new version installed having same trouble?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 02:48:20 PM »
The gallery I have with version 1.7.1 installed yet is working fine, but the other 2 with recent 1.7.2 is giving me this headache.
ok, overwrite all files with v1.7.1 and see if it helps...

I CHMOD the files and folders with FTP programs, and I have CUTE FTP and WS FTP installed, and I've checked the CHMOD with all of them.
And ones you  close your FTP client and open it again, it shows the -rwxrwxrwx (aka CHMOD 777) for the media files?

Edit an image and make sure that filename is correct

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »
ok, overwrite all files with v1.7.1 and see if it helps...

I will try it, but I don't have the old 1.7.1 version zipped anymore. It'll take me some time but I'll try it.

And ones you  close your FTP client and open it again, it shows the -rwxrwxrwx (aka CHMOD 777) for the media files?

I go to media/ and it gives me 1 category I've created as test. The category folder is drwxrwxrwx, but the files I've uploaded for it aren't.
They're -rw-r--r-- for the FTP added and -rw-rw-rw for the ACP added. I tried to change the CHMOD for 777 but it gives me an error message:

COMMAND:>   SITE CHMOD 777 /www/gallery/data/media/3/allrise8.jpg
      550 Could not change perms on /www/gallery/data/media/3/allrise8.jpg: Bad file descriptor
ERROR:>      Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

These are the only files or folders inside of media/ folder not CHMOD 777, the files I've added by FTP as images. Everything else inside of media/ is CHMOD 777, even after closing and opening the FTP client several times.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 03:43:31 PM »
as you can see, the files are not CHMOD 777...
I think you should ask your host administrator why you can not CHMOD 777 files

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »
as you can see, the files are not CHMOD 777...
I think you should ask your host administrator why you can not CHMOD 777 files

I go ask her today.
But there's on strange thing. I've checked my files in media/ folder on the gallery working and they aren't CHMOD 777 too... but they're working  :?

Well, nevermind. Thanks for your time helping me, I go ask my host today about this error and see what she can do for helping me :)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 02:39:29 AM »
But there's on strange thing. I've checked my files in media/ folder on the gallery working and they aren't CHMOD 777 too... but they're working :?
These are probably uploaded via PHP and they have different user/group and have read/write/execute permission for the web server's user, which is not the same as your account user/group. (talking about server's user/group and not 4images ;))