Author Topic: Same layout as my homepage - HELP  (Read 10226 times)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
Same layout as my homepage - HELP
« on: March 02, 2006, 11:36:04 PM »
I have a new site that only has a few pages on it.  I have 4images as my photo gallery.  Right now when I click the link to get to the gallery it uses the default "theme" or templat or whatever you call it.  It looks NOTHING like my site obviously.  How do I integrate it so that it uses my header and footer.php files?  Thanks

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Same layout as my homepage - HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:41:59 AM »
Make 4images looks like your site. You can not "include" 4images into your site, but you can make your site using entirely 4images.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:10:58 AM »
Make 4images looks like your site. You can not "include" 4images into your site, but you can make your site using entirely 4images.

So tell me this then.  What is the best way to use 4images, and have it resemble my site?  the colors are 10% totally different than my site.

Also, I have header/footer.php.  I cannot include those so that 4images is in the middle (index - the main content of a page) and have my head and footer around it so it resembles MY page?  Can this not be done?

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:09:00 AM »
Why don't you edit your 4images template to make it looks like your site?
I mean... I've installed 4images in all my sites and in the first one (that's working very fine now) I'm changing the entire template to give it a different shape. Take a look: http://www.fan-sites.org/westlife/captures

It's not an easy job, but may worth it out ;)

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 05:04:43 AM »
I guesse what I was looking for is some help at doing just that.  If is it a pretty tough process then I am probably SOL.  If it isn't too hard...then maybe I could be walked through it??  I am pretty close to eing a beginner.

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »
Lol... I dunno if I can call me something different but a beginner too  :mrgreen:
I would love to try to help you, if I can... but I dunno exactly what you want. Give us your site link...

I don't use ICQ but MSN messenger, if you wanna chat also ;)
I just love editing sites and templates and I'm self taught, so I think it's not too hard. The only thing in 4images is you have to edit so many html files, but it worth the job :D

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 03:28:23 PM »
Hey tatty:  I have msn as well if you want to hook up.  caminator@hotmail.com.

I am just trying to get it to look the same as my other pages.  I have a header.php and a footer.php and everything (the contecnt ) in the middle.  I just have to add a <?php include("http://www.caminator.com/header.php");?> and a <?php include("http://www.caminator.com/footer.php");?> on every page and the only thing I need to do is change the middle section depending on what page im working on.  It is a dynamic page.  Hoepfully you fallow me...I'm sure you do.

Well, I want the gallery to have the same look as the rest of my site.  www.caminator.com.

Thanks for your help.  Look me up on MSN if you get a chance, I'm not sure what your nick is.

Offline n_wattam

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 04:17:15 PM »
Why don't you edit your 4images template to make it looks like your site?
I mean... I've installed 4images in all my sites and in the first one (that's working very fine now) I'm changing the entire template to give it a different shape. Take a look: http://www.fan-sites.org/westlife/captures

It's not an easy job, but may worth it out ;)

I love what you have done with the gallery script, and templates. Very nice looking clean site..

However when click TOP IMAGES or NEW IMAGES, the layout does messup quite a lot.

Offline caminator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »
Is there anyone out there that can assist me?  I have been waiting for a really long time, to no avail.  I woul dREALLY appreciate some help.  I know enough to find my way through all this stuff, but not enough to even begin to know where to go to start making the changes.

Please does someone have some freet ime to help me?  Thank you!