Author Topic: Warning:Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent  (Read 3528 times)

Offline chyler

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • www.chyler-leigh.net
Using version 1.7.1 - I get the following error now at the top my my page when going to my index.php page or my details.php page:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/c/chylerleighn/htdocs/index.php:3) in /www/c/chylerleighn/htdocs/includes/sessions.php on line 84

On details.php bascially the same error:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/c/chylerleighn/htdocs/details.php:7) in /www/c/chylerleighn/htdocs/details.php on line 69

If I refresh the browser once or twice the page will eventually come up.

One posible clue is if I do a 'check table' on my 4images_sessions table I get the following report in SQL:
Problems with indexes of table `4images_sessions`
PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `session_id`;

Though I've always had the above 'problem' up till today and never had these errors; and nothing has really changed in configuration of my 4images settings to start this error;

I could probably just do a restore from 4 days ago- but thinking something needs to be changed in the database to resolve the above index key issue.
Thanks for any help.
(website url is in my profile)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Warning:Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 09:03:58 PM »
the 4images_sessions table was left from v1.7 in your database. 4images v1.7.1 does not use database for store sessions anymore.

Just did googling and found several topics ragarding this error, which suggest check the files on possible white spaces/newlines left above opening <?php or/and below closing ?>

So, try to trace what changes u made last before this start happening.

P.S. this topic is related:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=3378.0
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline chyler

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • www.chyler-leigh.net
Re: Warning:Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 09:24:36 PM »
You're the man V@no- thanks. Removing white space from my php pages resolved that error.  :D

Users still getting logged out when hit the index.php page- but different issue- so i'll search around for a resolution on that.