Author Topic: Cookies and 4images/phpbb MOD  (Read 3144 times)

Offline bhafer

• View Profile
    • Hafer Technology Solutions
Cookies and 4images/phpbb MOD
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »
I have a question about cookies and this mod.  I apologize if this has already been answered, but since the new forum was created at 4homepages I find searching very difficult.

I integrated the mod.  4images 1.7.2 is installed at the root of the site, and phpbb 2.0.20 is installed in a folder called "forum".  Of course there was issues with the cookies between the two databases, and that is well documented.

I implemented the auto cookies mod located at http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=228741 to fix the problem.  I find that if you use their default settings, it will not work with 4images.  It wants to write the cookies to my /forum directory, and won't stay logged in at the root of my site.  So I changed the cookies to the root of the site, and everything seems to work perfectly.  With one exception:  I cannot login to the phpbb admin area.  It keeps redirecting to the root of the site.

What works:
1) Cookie stays intact for logged in users between 4image and phpbb
2) Once logged in via phpbb I can go to the 4images administration area just fine

What doesn't work:
1) Once logged in the phpbb administration area redirects to the root of the site

Anyone find a workaround on this issue?

TIA,
Ben