Author Topic: Static pages  (Read 4140 times)

Offline superjari

• View Profile
    • FootyGoal.net
Static pages
« on: June 25, 2005, 10:05:22 PM »
Hi all,

I've created my own template for 4images which works the way I want. Now I want to add some static pages (maybe some dynamic ones later), however, I do want to keep the 4images theme to stay in place with navigation and random image still there. I've read this topic http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6839.0 and I think it could be helpful if I just copy index.php and rename it along with home.html and add some more tags to be used. But I just wonder if it's possible to somehow just create a new page with a template for it aswell which works within 4images, but has the content in it I want...

What i would do with my PHP-site before is use this code (I hardly know any php, copied and pasted most of the code):

Code: [Select]
<!-- NEWS -->
<?php
$fg $HTTP_GET_VARS['fg'];
$extension "inc";
if ( !$fg || $fg == "" )
{
   include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/news.inc");
}
else if ( file_exists(($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/$fg.$extension")) )
{
  include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/$fg.$extension");
}
else
{ include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/404.$extension"); }
?>

to be able to use links like index.php?fg=news I tried this code in home.html and it does display news.inc, but when for instance I try index.php?fg=contact it still displyas news.inc

So all I want to do is add some more pages to my site within 4images...

Thanks in advance!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Static pages
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 11:05:54 PM »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline superjari

• View Profile
    • FootyGoal.net
Re: Static pages
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 09:55:39 AM »
Ooooh, Thank you very much again! I was searching through all the templates & Styles topics yesterday and couldn't find what I was looking for. This is exactly what I want, thanks!