Author Topic: Auto Thumbnailer  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Vennligst Vent

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Auto Thumbnailer
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
Hi,

My site is www.vennligstvent.com/4images and I am a newbie.  I have read the other posts but none of them seem to refer to my situation.

I have just installed v 1.7.6 and it works OK but the auto thumbnailer just hangs on the first image.  Incidentally, the resizer does too.  In the end, I had to upload the thumbnails using FTP and that worked OK but I need the auto thumbnailer to work as I can't keep creating thumbnails every time my users upload pictures.

This is a brand new fresh installl and no other modifications or add-ons have been done except to edit the jpg template to make the full images look smaller on screen.

Clearly I don't have a clue where to look but if someone could give me a steer that would be great.  If it is useful, I have pasted the PHP information below.

Yours,  Steve.

PHP Version 5.2.9

Registered PHP Streams  zip, php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib, https, ftps 
Registered Stream Socket Transports  tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls 
Registered Stream Filters  string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, convert.iconv.*, bzip2.*, zlib.* 

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.2, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Thumbnailer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
hello Steve and welcome to the 4images forum,

if you are uploading huge pictures, eg. big files, big resolutions but your php configuratin have low memory settings, that can't work..

memory_limit, max_execution_time, etc.. are very important if you wish to use huge files with autothumbnailer or autoresizer
cheers
Nicky
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! (© by V@no)
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

nicky.net 4 4images
Signature stolen from mawenzi

Offline Vennligst Vent

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »
OK.  So if I am on a free hosting package on a shared server then it is likely that this is the answer.

Is there any way that I can check what resources my system has to verify that this is the cause?

Steve.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »
ACP (Admin Control Panel) -> phpinfo()
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)