Author Topic: Lightbox ZIP Download Timeout  (Read 2547 times)

Offline stilton

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Lightbox ZIP Download Timeout
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
I am having a problem with downloading the ZIPPED contents of the lightbox.  For whatever reason when we have a bunch of images in our lightbox, when click on the ZIP download, it starts the download.  That seems ok, but rarely can we finish the download.  It keeps timing out saying the connection was reset by the server, or is goes from 80% downloaded to 100% instantly, but the ZIP file is corrupt.  We have checked with our host provider and they said it is not them, it must be the script that is feeding the download.   They said that our image files must be too large so the scrip it timing out or something.

Just to give you some information, our images files are large (anywhere from 5 MB to 130 MB).  They are high resolution TIF files.  These are needed to be so for our printers.  They come to our site to get our catalog images, and they must be high resolution.  We have no problem downloading the images files individually or if we post our own zlready created ZIP.  No matter the size it works.  Only it doesn't work when using the lightbox ZIP function.  That one times out.  We have gone through the php5.ini file and have increased any timeout we could, as well as, we have unlimited memory allocation for scripts.

We have also tried from different locations to rule out something with us, and also tried different browsers, and even a MAC vs. a PC.  All time out if the file is really large using the lightbox ZIP download function. Oh, we are running 4Images 1.7.8 (latest), PHP5, and also this is on a Lunix server hosted with GoDaddy.  Let me know if you need any more information I haven't provided.

Can anyone help us figure this out??  We would really appreciate it.  Thank you.

-Scott-