Author Topic: KurtW MODs and Templates  (Read 109854 times)

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
KurtW MODs and Templates
« on: May 01, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
Hallo

der Link von KurtW stimmt nicht mehr.

http://4images.malediven-bilder.de/index.php

Mann wird hier auf die Malediven-Seite verwiesen.

Was ist da los  :?:

nobby

PS: Das sieht so aus das KurtW seine gesamten Threads gelöscht hat, oder?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:31:43 PM by nobby »

Offline AntiNSA2

• As long as I can finish my site before I die.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelifephotography.com
Re: KurtW MODs and Templates
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 04:34:32 AM »
When I search for them it says they have dissappeared or no longer have permission to view them. So which is it? Are they gone or am I banned from them?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:01:51 AM by AntiNSA2 »
As long as I can finish my site before I die.

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:53 PM »
ALL,

KurtW has decided to remove his Templates and MODs which he have made for us all for free..

Reason:
after many users are removing his copyright, he stoped to provide us with his free stuff. closed his site and gived moderator status back.
therefore as you can see, there are no more mods and templates which are done by him & he don't have to give support for them anymore.
i can understand his decision.
it was only matter of time when he would do that.. now we have it...

it's a pain for us (my personal opinion), he did damn good mods and templates but seems so that many users didn't respect his work.

anyway, i wish to KurtW all the best and maybe one day he will decide to go back to us..
cheers
Nicky
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! (© by V@no)
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

nicky.net 4 4images
Signature stolen from mawenzi

Offline AntiNSA2

• As long as I can finish my site before I die.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelifephotography.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 08:22:27 AM »
I am sorry to hear that.... THey are his mods and I appreciate the time he put into them. I feel lucky to have used the ones I could before he took them away. At the same time I wish he would have left the threads which people have already have implemented as a way of peers to support each other.
As long as I can finish my site before I die.

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
hi AntiNSA2,

yes, it's a pain that threads are not anymore active. but we have to accept his decision even users that have his copyright visible.

what should i say: feel free and remove his MODs because there is no more support on them.   :(
cheers
Nicky

nicky.net 4 4images

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
feel free and remove his MODs because there is no more support on them.   :(
I see a problem even doing that, without reference on how to install the mods...

Personally I disagree with this decision. Yes there might be a few users who removed the copyright, but I bet there are thousands more who didn't.
This move hurt more legit users then anyone else.

IMHO it's overblown ego behind this decision. (no offense KurtW)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:51:31 PM by V@no »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »
The decision you have to stop to accept   :|

Few make mist, all must suffer.

Kurt think again about  :?

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
feel free and remove his MODs because there is no more support on them.   :(
I see a problem even doing that, without reference on how to install the mods...

IMHO it's overblown ego behind this decision. (no offense KurtW)

hi V@no,
as always, you are right in this case :)
but with diff software user can check which files are edited for KurtW MODs.
i think Kurt added infos into his mods eg:
Code: [Select]
#####

and as you known, he edited every thread 1st post with ### in progress, edited by KurtW ###, therefore original threads would not help in any way :(

like you alread said,
Personally I disagree with this decision. Yes there might be a few users who removed the copyright, but I bet there are thousands more who didn't.
This move hurt more legit users then anyone else.
it's my personal opinion too. but KurtW wanted it so, as all MOD's and Templates are his "Intellectual property".
cheers
Nicky

nicky.net 4 4images

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »
I hate to say it but I feel what Kurt did is what allot of us feel, even me, being new and learning as I go. This gallery has opened up allot of knowledge for me in trying to solve ideas I have for my site and how to make it work if the mods are not there.
I get asked (I won't use pestered, oh, maybe I will :D) for free help from users of this site and how demanding they are thinking that people do not have jobs that come first and hobbies like this 4th or 5th on list of things to take care of.
I do not mind helping when I can, but when I get messages daily wondering when I will get around to them, I feel like jumping ship quite a few times. I know all of us are learning together and solving problems and that is how you learn.
installing a mod. (if you have time) trying to understand how that mod actually works and learning how other programmers code their projects (shortcuts and stuff) Mine are very bad. hey, but I am learning from the best in my opinion. Could not ask for better teachers on all this stuff and this Gallery (there is no other to compare with it) I played with allot of them over the years and I always came back to this one because I know it will work all the time.

Kurt,
I hope you are better with the load of this site off your back and hope things work out for you. Did not even know you were gone till I was searching for one of your fantastic MODS.

For the rest of us, I feel users here need to ask nicely and wait patiently for an answer. And say at least "Thank You" when someone gives you a hand. Your emergency is unfortunate but if you backed up correctly it should keep your downtime minimal until you can figure out what went wrong.

When asking for new ideas. I feel people do not answer requests not because they don't want to help but because some ideas would take a large undertaking to make happen and sometimes it just doesn't fit into that person's time space. I have seen allot of ideas that I thought, "Wow that would be great!", but never came about and others that I thought "Why would you want that?" but then when I tried the MOD I wondered how I could ever live without it.

enough listening to me jabber, gotta get back to work. I usually don't even look in the chit-chat area till I saw Kurt gone.

I never regretted installing 4images on my site and all the help I have received over the years has proved I have found the right place to be...

So I wanted to say to
EVERYONE
around here including Kurt
a big
THANK YOU
for everything you do!
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline honda2000

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Wir machen Internet!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »
Richtig erkannt!

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 10:33:18 PM »
wenn jeder Programierer so reagieren würde, würde es ja kaum noch Software geben...

Da kehrt endlich wieder Ruhe ein. Dann hilft wieder ein Zettel und der Bleistift  :D

Offline honda2000

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Wir machen Internet!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 08:36:51 AM »
Wenn ich den Entschluss auch nicht soooo gut finde, so kann ich Kurt zu 101% verstehen!
Er war es, der zig Templates und zig Mod´s programmiert hat!

Wenn ständig gegen sein Copyright verstoßen wird, würde ich auch so reagieren!

Würde es dir gefallen, wenn sich jemand deine Bilder downloadet und in seine Galerie einstellt oder gar käuflich anbietet??

Da gibt es einen sehr einfachen Weg: man bietet nichts mehr kostenlos an!

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »
Ich hätte von Anfang an eine Gebühr "ala Rustynet"  (nicht nur fürs Copyright entfernen) genommen denn das ist es doch Wert!

Es muss nicht alles kostenlos sein. Denn was Kurt geschaffen hat ist schon klasse, keine Frage.
Aber eben schlecht für ein Forum.

Im Anfang hatte ich meine Bilder im Original drin. Und da diese auf anderen HPs aufgetaucht sind
habe ich schnell gegen gesteuert. Nun werden die Bilder seit langem verkleinert.

Offline honda2000

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Wir machen Internet!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
Naja, und genau das geht ja bei einem MOD schlecht! Sowas wie eine: kostenlose-30-Tage-Version ghet ja nun schlecht! Darum verstehe ich Kurt nur zu gut!

Klar, wie alle anderen, ich finde es schade, es hat, nein nicht ES, Kurt hat das Forum unendlich bereichert!

Ohne mich auf die Seite von Kurt schlagen zu wollen, ich verstehe es, nein, ich respektiere es!

Zur Umkehr ist Kurt wohl nicht zu bewegen!

Mit ein wenig Glück ist er für den einen oder anderen noch da, der seine Mods nutzt (incl. Copyright) oder schickt den einen oder anderen Mod mal per mail oder PN! 

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »
solange Kurt den Moderatorenstatus hat kann man ja hoffen, obwohl er den ja auch (laut Nicky) zurück gegeben hat.