Author Topic: Visited links in different color?  (Read 31461 times)

Offline Korak

• View Profile
Visited links in different color?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2003, 03:32:05 AM »
Yes, I know...even more strange is if you click and copare "Top images" and  "New images"??
Very strange.

I tried something similar before and I also tried the code snippet you posted now...doesn't work.

Offline Korak

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2003, 12:53:59 AM »
OK, I think I figured what the problem is now. It's the session ID's in the URL's.
As soon as a page updates the link is no longer visited since it's a new session in the URL.

This explains why for ex. the link "New images" works with a:visited but not "Top images".
New uses a non session url (/search.php?search_new_images=1), while Top doesn't.
Of course the same with 4homepages.de link.

Guess the mystery is over now...

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2003, 01:05:03 AM »
Thx for the info! would never think of it.... :D
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2003, 04:18:04 AM »
Quote from: Korak
OK, I think I figured what the problem is now. It's the session ID's in the URL's.
As soon as a page updates the link is no longer visited since it's a new session in the URL.

Are you sure???

When I made my last post, I considered that too so I also tested by first navigating away from the home page before trying a link, going back and then refreshing.  That way I could be sure there was already a session id attached to the link and refreshing the page didn't alter it in any way.

If you tried my last code, there must be a conflict or override somewhere either in the <body> tag or some other inherited css class.

I always keep a 2nd installation and database running 4images on my site just so I can test things against the default installation setup.  All I had to do was remove the "link", "alink", and "vlink" from the <body> tag in header.html and the code I previously posted worked flawlessly.  Visited links remained in purple for the duration of my session.

Offline Korak

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2003, 08:15:46 PM »
Sure enough to never try it again it feels I'm sad to say.
I've tried it all. Tested all the suggestions posted in this topic both on my own template and on the default one with the original css.

I must say I have a hard time beliving someone actually got this visited links to work until I see a working example of it.
That's just how I feel right now after trying everything...