Author Topic: lightbox customisation  (Read 8140 times)

Offline cybatek

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
lightbox customisation
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:49:15 AM »
I need to hire a programmer for this scenario:

I have a hobby photo site where I take pics of various sports events and then display the pics for sale to the public. I need an enhanced version of the 'lightbox' feature to let a user click a 'request these pictures' button in their lightbox which in turn would email me with a list of the pics they have lightboxed. I then organise to get those photos printed and delivered to the user.

There is a second part to my request - but this might turn out to be too hard. I might take 500 or more photos at a sporting event - rather than manually entering them into the 4images control panel, I need someway to just place them into a category 'folder' and have the category use their unique file names to somehow populate the database. (It is not important for me to store additional descriptive information about the pictures - just the file name an its category is fine)

Offline cybatek

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: lightbox customisation
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »
OK, I've seen now that I can just FTP photos to the appropriate media subfolder, then 'check new images' in the control panel for that Category and 'Add' the newly discovered pics, then use the 'Auto-thumbnailer' to generate the required thumbnails.

So the second part of my problem is resolved. That leaves me with the need for a customisation to lightbox to let the user notify me what's in their lightbox / what they want to order.

Offline cybatek

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:22:42 AM »
If I could add something like the 'tell-a-friend' mod to the lightbox.php - with me always being the friend. This way the user could notify me of the pics they have 'light-boxed' (and thus want to order).

Offline bernd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:35:07 PM »
That leaves me with the need for a customisation to lightbox to let the user notify me what's in their lightbox / what they want to order.
So you are looking for this http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=3102.0 ?