Author Topic: 1.7.2 Templates, css, etc..  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Shiver

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
1.7.2 Templates, css, etc..
« on: August 29, 2006, 05:19:09 AM »
I'm completely new to 4Images.  Or any other gallery for that matter.  I've been trying to find a template for my gallery, but I'm not having much luck.

I uploaded two templates with my ftp.  When I go to Settings and set my template directory to the template I want...  I get a "Template Error" dealing with my "whos_online.html" file.  Am I not using correct templates for my version??  Can anyone direct me to some?  (1.7.2)

(I looked in the thread with all the links to 4Image templates.  I liked some on Nova's site, but I'm waiting for a reply on whether or not she's still active in it.  Don't want to pay and then not get anything.  And I'm not even sure if those templates are compatible with my version.)

I also tried editing the css in my default template.  I edited, saved, and when I went to check, nothing had changed.  What's with what?

Is there a tutorial anywhere for creating your own template??

I'm totally lost.  8O  ANY help would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 01:55:44 PM by KurtW »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 1.7.2 Templates, css, etc..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:17:54 AM »
Uploading template to the server is only half of what you need to do...the second half is set proper permissions. You can find needed information in docs/installation.txt from 4images package ;)
And to avoid any other related issues, double check permissions on the rest of the files/folders in your gallery

Good luck.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Shiver

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: 1.7.2 Templates, css, etc..
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 06:57:13 AM »
Thanks much  :mrgreen: