Author Topic: Hosting same content on servers around the world - how to sync databases?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline ulrich

• View Profile
Hi!

I am currently playing around a bit with GeoDNS-based webhosting, i.e. I am renting webspace/VPS from hosts in Europa, US and Asia and redirect visitors to the nearest server based on where their DNS resolvers are located. Works pretty well, only problem is each server uses its own database with no synchronization with the other databases. This means if someone posts a comment on the Asian server, it's only visible on the Asian server or image hits only increase on the respective server. Ideally, I would like comments to appear on all servers and if I have X image hits on server A, Y hits on server B and Z hits on server C, I want all servers to report X+Y+Z hits for this image.

How do I go about this?

A simple database replication wouldn't work as intended and if I have all servers confiigured to use the same database on one server in the US for example, page load times obviously increase to the point of being unusable.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Rembrandt

Hi!
it's not easy, search in google: mysql replication howto

Andi