Author Topic: Adding Links  (Read 14094 times)

Offline Ruth

• View Profile
Adding Links
« on: June 15, 2002, 02:17:06 AM »
I am trying to integrate 4images into my site. How would I go about adding a selection of links back to the rest of my site to the pages of the gallery?

Offline sjau

• View Profile
    • http://www.wsjb78.com
Adding Links
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 09:36:42 AM »
I'm not quite sure if I understood you right. Best thing is to make a copy of your template folder and then log in into the Admin Control panel. In there go the the general section and select "edit templates" or something like that. I have it only in German so I don't really know the terms used by Jan for the english version.

Once there, load the header.html file and add a link there. The go back to your gallery page and that link should have been added on top somewhere.

Hope this helps a bit.

sjau

Offline Ruth

• View Profile
Adding Links
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 12:30:09 AM »
I totally didn't ask that question correctly, I apologize.

What I would like to do is had a third section to the left side menu of the gallery that would include a mini-menu of my site. I thought that I could possibly create a file of that info and then reference it with a { } command of some sort.... forgive me for my stupidity over php.

Offline sjau

• View Profile
    • http://www.wsjb78.com
Adding Links
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2002, 11:44:29 AM »
Well, you can create a seperate file and reference it with those curly brackets BUT you will need to inlcude this almost all of the template files.

sjau

Offline Vienix

• View Profile
    • com.municate.nl
Adding links
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2002, 12:01:58 PM »
Hi,

I added a little menu in my templates:

http://www.vierstra.com/4images.htm

If you want to do this yourself:

Template pages needed to edit:

home.html
error.html
top.html
search.html
register.html
postcard_create.html
member.html
lightbox.html
details.html
categories.html

Look for :

<?php echo date("d.m.Y, H:i"); ?>

Add after that:

<?php include("yourmenu.php"); ?>

place the yourmenu.php in you root dir of 4images

Put some links in it like:

<div align="center">
<center>
 <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"  width="100">
 <tr>
  <td width="100%" align="center" height="20" background="templates/4dark/bbutton.gif" ><a style="text-decoration: none" href="index.php">Home Page</a></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td width="100%" align="center" height="20" background="templates/4dark/bbutton.gif" ><a style="text-decoration: none" href="index.php">Your Link</a></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td width="100%" align="center" height="20" background="templates/4dark/bbutton.gif" ><a style="text-decoration: none" href="index.php">Your Link</a></td>
 </tr>
 </table>
</center>
</div>
<br>
Thats It !

Offline Samuel

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.devimg.com
Adding Links
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2002, 08:04:40 AM »
There are two ways of doing it.

You can referrence the header.html with a header.php from another location on the server (Being your site's main navigation)
I have it working here.
www.ebears4me.com/bears

Or if I understand what you are trying to do you want to set a menu to the left of the left menuing on the script.
Example:

Confirm what you want to do and Ill write a tutorial on how to do it.

The second way I have mentioned requires you to edit about 9 documents as Vienix has commented on, the first one is just editing one file and creating another.

Vicky

seen this thread...
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2002, 12:53:36 PM »
and I thought I donīt need to open a new one.

I also have a question including a menue.

What I want to do is... a menue on the side. 1 Menuepoint could be FAQ, help or something like this. How can I integrate it into the site so that I donīt need it to open in a new window?

Thanks VERY much for your help.

Vicky

Offline Vienix

• View Profile
    • com.municate.nl
Adding Links
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 01:20:08 PM »
Hi,

What I did for http://www.vierstra.com was create a sort of uniform layout for my phpBB forum and 4images and the rest of the pages...

So it looks like its "one" site...
Thats It !

Vicky

hmmmh...
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 01:25:17 PM »
... I have seen it... :-)

My first Idea was to dublicate the index.php, rename it and change the name of the template file, link to the renamed indexphp from the menue... the problem: where  ist the template file on the index.php? There are a few... but Iīm not sure which one to change... si Iīd better ask before... I get a big "crash"...

Vicky

Offline Vienix

• View Profile
    • com.municate.nl
Adding Links
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 01:27:35 PM »
Maybe you can look on my forum, how I created a "random image" page, this may give you a idea...

from Indonesia,

Vienix
Thats It !