Author Topic: After install the new version of php. The POST with strange chars not works  (Read 7126 times)

Offline ccsakuweb

• Patri
    • View Profile
    • My Art
In comments, pm, everywhere.
I type accents and after click in comment, I get the error: Write a message  And the message textarea is empty, like I didn't type any message. The same occurs if in comments I type a strange character. It say me write a title.

My 4images version is 1.7.3
I have tryed to replicate this error in the last version, in the same server (as php version) and this error doesn't happen.
Could someone tell me the fix that I have to install? I have installing a new version of 4images. But at the moment I can't translate all my website. Because I have installed lot of mods in my current website.

Thanks in advance
:arrow: 4images Paid Mods: Links, Blog, Albums, Subdomains for users, Diferent templates for user profile, Related picture in details, Last pictures in details.
And the mod that you request me.   Demo: http://www.myart.es

A website dedicated to artist people who loves drawing, design, writing and more

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Did you apply every hotfix for your 4images version?

Also, I suspect both php version have their own set of settings so if you have access to boith php.ini files you could compare them and see what setting is different in new version.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ccsakuweb

• Patri
    • View Profile
    • My Art
I have not aplied every hotfix. I'm working for the new version. So I don't want to waste more hours for a version that is almost death.
I'm asking for the fix that fix that problem. Anyone know that?
The php.info is the same. The new version is in a subfolder of the old version. So the code is the problem. Related with something deprecated about php? I don't know I only can suppose.
:arrow: 4images Paid Mods: Links, Blog, Albums, Subdomains for users, Diferent templates for user profile, Related picture in details, Last pictures in details.

A website dedicated to artist people who loves drawing, design, writing and more

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Can't really suggest anything other then try apply all patches for you 4images version, perhaps one of them will cure the problem.

P.S.
What are the PHP versions you are using?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ccsakuweb

• Patri
    • View Profile
    • My Art
Ok, thank you very much for your advice.

The version that I have installed is 5.3.8

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Ok, let me rephrase the question:
What PHP version works and what version doesn't work?

Offline ccsakuweb

• Patri
    • View Profile
    • My Art
I'm sorry, I forgot the s.

Ok, I'm only using one version of php obviously.
The version that I had before to install the newer was version 5.0 I think.
It worked for 4images 1.7.3 perfectly. Now it doesn't work very well.