Author Topic: Cant see categories.php?cat_id in domain folder  (Read 8407 times)

Offline winzie

• View Profile
Cant see categories.php?cat_id in domain folder
« on: March 28, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
Hi everyone not sure if l posted this in the right area. Am hoping l can get some help

l am using 4images 1.7.7 my problem is l have added new categories to  our shop they show fine in the 4images template and work, we can upload to them , delete from them etc but when l go into the domain main panel or FTP  l can not see the new id folders in data to multi upload into.

EG: l click on data > media and it shows me a list of folders from  1 to 244  but it does not show any past the number 244.  The new categories and sub categories are  EG: categories.php?cat_id=249 then the sub would be categories.php?cat_id=251 [ this is where l need to upload the images ]

I can upload to this categorie if l use the admin control panel within 4 images just fine and the image shows up in 4images

Any help would be very welcome !!

Thank You

winzie

l have since added more categories and they dont seem to show up in FTP or Domain folder either, it is like 4images is not writting the information to domain to save id folders required for me to load via multi upload FTP l can only upload via 4images control panel
=[

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:40:59 PM by winzie »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Cant see categories.php?cat_id in domain folder
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
This is weird. As I understand you CAN upload images into 249 category and the images DO shows in details page? If so, look at the image path in details page see where it is.
Perhaps you should change your FTP client or there is something wrong with your server?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline winzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:08:38 AM »
V@no  is very strange

if l open my 4images control panel l can add categories also upload any image to the category and see them on the site. But if l open FTP or log into Domian itself  l cannot see any of the new category folders it created in the data/media folder
l had a friend log in from her PC to see what would happen and she can see all the folders new & old  in domain itself but not in FTP.

We both use WS_FTP Pro v9

This is doing my head in  lol :P
sorry to  ask but l' m still very new to all this where would l need to look >> look at the image path in details page ?

** Update : today l used FTP and uploaded a new template for 4images then cmosd, l can see this new template in my FTP and also can see it in the Domain in the template folder .......... BUT..... when l open 4images control panel and go to settings it dose not show in the list >> Choose template directory
it would seem the 4images is not talking to the domain ? any ideas on this ?

I did same thing on a test site created while back on other side of same domain and all worked fine, could see it in domain / ftp / 4images > Choose template directory
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:56:34 AM by winzie »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:23:02 AM »
I can only suggest you talk to your hosting administrator. It is definitely not related to 4images...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline winzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »
Thank You V@no for trying to help me hopefully l learn more about 4images and can someday help others on here  :o

Just so l can double check  where should l look to check the image path? deatils.html [ within the template ] or details.php [ with in 4images install files] ? and what of of it should l be looking for  :?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:42:32 PM by winzie »