Author Topic: Useful Firefox extensions  (Read 10570 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Useful Firefox extensions
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:33:25 AM »
This list is just a few of many I use personally (69 to be exact :)). I don't want to post any everybody-already-know extensions, such as ABP or Tab Mix Plus, but a few that are not very common:

• Copy Link Text (CoLT) I've been searching for such extension for a long time, and even attempted to make something similar myself, until yesterday I gave one more time a search. This is a very handy extension for forums, it copy a link with it's description to clipboard in a user specified format, i.e. in bbcode format: [url=http://example.com/blah]link description[/url] (p.s. this extension is actually the reason I started this topic :twisted:)
  • FoxLingo useful extension if you visit many multilanguage sites and need quick translation
  • Dictionary Switcher this extension is useful for these who type in different languages and would like to switch spell check to needed language (you might need Dictionaries & Language Packs as well)
  • IE Tab this extension will switch a tab to InternetExplorer engine with one click, very handy for web developers, to check how the site look lin IE and FF
  • YesScript this is a "must have" extension. By simply clicking on a icon at task bar it adds/removes current site to "black list" and completely disables javascript for that site.
  • TrashMail.net this extension can reduce spam to your email if you need register at untrusted sites.

[EDIT]

• Greasemonkey how many of you have an urge to changes something on a website you constantly visiting, like view youtube videos always in highest possible quality, or by clicking on image in image.google.com see the image and not website? This extension will NOT provide you with all that, but thousands of already existing scripts that made for this extension might. The scripts are JavaScript. The best part of this is that firefox doesn't need to be restared when installing/uninstalling scripts, simply refresh the page and scripts will kick in.
    a few I like:
  • Greasefire this extension is an addition to greasemonkey, it will check and notify if any scripts available for opened website.
  • dragdropupload in Firefox 3 a new feature was introduced to prevent file upload spoofing, if you click on upload file field it brings up file select window, which I personally found quiet annoying, because more often then not, it's faster for me to type the path to a file then actually select it and you can't modify manually the path already selected file. With this extension you can drag a file from an opened explorer window and drop it directly into upload file field on a webpage. Unfortunately current version of this extension doesn't work in FF3.5
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:45:10 AM by V@no »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Useful Firefox extensions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:59:30 AM »
... 69 to be exact ...  8O
... thanks for sharing of these 5 extensions, some were new for my FF ..
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline ccsakuweb

• Patri
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:22:31 PM »
Thank you for the plugins , some of them same to be really useful to me.

I use the next:
Firebug. to put a wealth of development tools at your fingertips while you browse. You can edit, debug, and monitor CSS, HTML, and JavaScript live in any web page... Too useful, you can see the source code, change it and see the changes online.

Colorzilla: Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Page Zoomer and other colorful goodies... I use it to get colors that i like in famous websites.

Web developer: Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.  I use it to disable css and see if my website is usable.

YSlow: YSlow analyzes web pages and why they're slow based on Yahoo!'s rules for high performance web sites.
:arrow: 4images Paid Mods: Links, Blog, Albums, Subdomains for users, Diferent templates for user profile, Related picture in details, Last pictures in details.
And the mod that you request me.   Demo: http://www.myart.es

A website dedicated to artist people who loves drawing, design, writing and more

Offline kai

• Administrator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »
This list is just a few of many I use personally (69 to be exact :)).

69?  8O

How much RAM does your firefox take?
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »
Added a few more.

69?  8O

How much RAM does your firefox take?
Normally it's about 300-500MB with 40-50 tabs opened. And performance only suffers on startup. Now, the history on other hand, slows down the entire browser A LOT, I couldn't believe the difference in performance after I cleared up 1/2 year of browsing history...FF needs a new database engine...
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Lisamrie88

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Debt Consolidation Loan
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »
Whew! 69? I ahve never come across more than just the regular ones plus a few of teh SEO quake stuffs and the do and no follow thingys.

I just recently added Imacros and automated stuffs for my firefox and now everytime I opened my computer, it will take a few minutes before it get opened.

Thanks by teh way with those 5 extensions.

Lisamarie88
Mortgage Refinancing
Windows Web Site Hosting
How To Lose Weight
Best Term Life Insurance Rate

paulino9

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 05:22:32 PM »
This message has been deleted by V@no as spam!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:53:57 AM by V@no »

Offline Pfannkuchen

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »
Thanks for the Pulugins/Extensions. Now I shall look through and see which are useful for my nefarious purposes.