• [MOD] Media sites v1.11.1 (2010-12-22) 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Media sites v1.11.1 (2010-12-22)  (Read 349471 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [MOD] Media sites v1.11 (2010-07-14)
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »
No, it's actually much simplier then you think ;)
You need find a specified line(s) of code, then insert the new code below that line(s) (or above) or replace that line(s) with new code.

For example after step 1 is done the code should look like this:
function check_remote_media($remote_media_file) {
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  BEGIN INSERT
*/

if (media_sites($remote_media_file))
    return 
1;
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

more thing im sorry, to put new file extensions in valid file extensions what do i need to do, because there are a few other sites i would like to include like for example, flickr, tinypic, photobucket, and thats about it, how do i do it?
flickr, tinypic, photobucket they are mostly image hosting sites, you don't need any mods to support them, just use direct link to the images.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
@Vano

hello sir, i would love to know how i could add videos in bbcode for example a user putting [media] [/media] and inbetween the media tags put the video url and when the user submits on the comment it will display a video. That will be amazing, can u please teach me sir??

I hope so

thanks

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2010, 04:12:07 AM »
nothing to teach about...
example:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU[/media]
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mralanizi

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »
Hello,,

Thanks for the's mod
but i have problem when i tray to use it ..make my site verey slow and some time no't work
and when i remove the mod it work fine
u can check now my site i use the mod and u will see how is work verey slow ..
http://6arh.C om/Youtube/

i use the mod media sites v1.11 and i do like you'r topic

regards.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:09:23 AM by mralanizi »

Offline mralanizi

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2010, 04:50:31 PM »
Hello.

i have some problem in my server when i istall that mood and upload video youtube , the site not work fine and be slow
and i aske my host and they say :
-----------------------------------------
Could you please contact your developer and let us know the necessary modules which are required for the script so that we can made the necessary changes in the server settings and make the script work fine. Or please provide us the server settings or phpinfo page of the server at which the script is working fine so that we can compare the settings and make the alterations
---------------------------------------

pleas nead help for that

Regards

Offline mralanizi

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »
aney one please i want the corect php.ini to make the mod work fine
or can i know what the necessary modules or functions

Regards

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »
@ VANO

Thank u sir, but i have 2 queries please if u can answer them, u not have to write long but few words plz sir,

1) I have tried [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU[/media] on comments bit and it not working sir, please help me find why this is not workig i beg of u sir,

2) i didnt know where to post help for this question on multiuploud topic or this topic but they apply to both so im going to ask this hear sir.. Budduke tried kindly to help me and i want to thank him for this, but it not work and he ask me to ask u if maybe u will know this issue. When i uploading for example youtube url on the multi user upload MOD it just giving me the youtube thumbnail, however when i upload previously using the original upload functioanlity it straight away gave me a video thumbnail automaticailly. Do you might now why this issue is caused plz sir,

just 2 queries i have,  thank u Vano and i appreciate time u taking out to help me

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »
Hello,,

Thanks for the's mod
but i have problem when i tray to use it ..make my site verey slow and some time no't work
and when i remove the mod it work fine
u can check now my site i use the mod and u will see how is work verey slow ..
http://6arh.com/youtube/

i use the mod media sites v1.11 and i do like you'r topic

regards.
This is what I get when trying visit your site:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@6arh.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

This is Error 500, which means something wrong on the server. Look in the server's error logs for more information about this error. As of configuration, I don't know what could cause the slowdown, so far you are the first person reporting this problem...

1) I have tried [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU[/media] on comments bit and it not working sir, please help me find why this is not workig i beg of u sir,
not working how? make sure you did step 2.6 correctly.

2) i didnt know where to post help for this question on multiuploud topic or this topic but they apply to both so im going to ask this hear sir.. Budduke tried kindly to help me and i want to thank him for this, but it not work and he ask me to ask u if maybe u will know this issue. When i uploading for example youtube url on the multi user upload MOD it just giving me the youtube thumbnail, however when i upload previously using the original upload functioanlity it straight away gave me a video thumbnail automaticailly. Do you might now why this issue is caused plz sir,
It seems the multiupload mod removes ability upload remote media...
P.S. As I've said before, when you talking about two different mods, it is good idea and extremely helpful when link to second mod is posted and if there is additional discussion involved, then link to it would be helpful as well.

Offline mralanizi

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
Hello.
i aske my host and they say :
-----------------------------------------
Could you please contact your developer and let us know the necessary modules which are required for the script so that we can made the necessary changes in the server settings and make the script work fine. Or please provide us the server settings or phpinfo page of the server at which the script is working fine so that we can compare the settings and make the alterations
---------------------------------------

i just want to some one give me php.ini for his site and the script work fine in his site

regards

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
It seems the multiupload mod removes ability upload remote media...

Hi V@no, just wanted to give a little more info regarding the above. zakaria666 is using my user category mod
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=24628.0 and the user_multiupload.php inside it. As far as I can tell it does support remote files.
I entered one on my test site and it came through either by my multiupload or the normal member upload, but neither one creates a thumbnail for the remote files.
Even in the control panel running auto thumbnailer says none found. The only way I could get a thumbnail for a remote file was to link to it on the remote site when adding it, either by my multiupload or the normal member upload.
zakaria666 claims that when entering a remote path, your mediasites retrieves a thumbnail from the remote site. The only place that I see this might be happening is in your step 5.1
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=24054.0#post_step5-1
I looked through my mod and the normal one and I thought by entering that into my multiupload in the same area would fix the problem, but zakaria666 says it still did not work.

I do not have your mod loaded on my test server so I can not troubleshoot it any further. If you get a chance and can tell me if and what needs to be redone on my multiupload file so it will talk to your mod better I would appreciate it.
I am planning on redoing the mod and cleaning a bunch of stuff up on it and would like to get it right this time around.
Thanks for your help and any info you can give me.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline zakaria6666

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2010, 03:18:53 PM »
Vano,

Budduke has replied to u asking for some advice but it seems it does not appear on this topic, i accidently stumbled upon buddukes comment when i went to click rpely and scrolled to the bottom and saw that budduke had left a message but when i went back to check it doesnt show buddukes message, here is his message

I have run into this a few times that when someone leaves a message i cannot notice it until i go and click the link 'reply' and fnd out by accident. Maybe there is a bug. Anyway, from the comment budduke kindly left,  i have tried exactly what he has asked me and i want to thank him for his kind help and assistence, however it does not seem to work. Thumbnails do not get created. Any ideas vano?

Offline mralanizi

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Tehse's what i finde in error log
--------------------------
[22-Aug-2010 12:02:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bahrain/public_html/clip/includes/functions.php:2092) in /home/bahrain/public_html/clip/includes/sessions.php on line 101
[22-Aug-2010 12:02:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bahrain/public_html/clip/includes/functions.php:2092) in /home/bahrain/public_html/clip/includes/sessions.php on line 101
---------------------
and when i loke to sessions.php on line 101 i finde
    setcookie($cookie_name, $value, $cookie_expire, COOKIE_PATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN, COOKIE_SECURE);
    $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$cookie_name] = $value;

---------

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2010, 01:01:16 AM »
@V@no,
Regarding zakaria6666 and my questions about thumbnails,
I have taken care of the issue. I installed your media site mod on my test server and it is pretty darn cool!
May place it out on my main site.

I placed the update to my mod for any users that need thumbnails using your mod and my user_multiupload.php file from my user categories mod.
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=24628.msg150241#msg150241
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
@mralanizi

I have exactly the same problem regarding teh logging out of the admin area. However Budduke did say he will fix this issue soon.

@Budduke,
Thanks again man, u r a genius, everything works perfect.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
Tehse's what i finde in error log
--------------------------
---------------------
and when i loke to sessions.php on line 101 i finde
    setcookie($cookie_name, $value, $cookie_expire, COOKIE_PATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN, COOKIE_SECURE);
    $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$cookie_name] = $value;

---------

What is in includes/functions.php at line 2092 and between 2080 - 2100?

@budduke: thank you for taking time figure this out.