Author Topic: 2 questions about external file location and size pictures  (Read 6732 times)

Offline pabchu

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
2 questions about external file location and size pictures
« on: August 21, 2002, 12:51:40 AM »
Helo Jan. Your scripts are very good, best I've seen, congratulations

but I have 2 questions and I ask U for the answer.

1. Is it possible to keep uploaded pictures by users or me in external accout. For exemple my site will be at www.foto.v8.pl and I want to keep pictures at (example:) www.microsoft.com/pabchu/  < please tell me how to do that, very important .
2. Second question is about size of pictures, I would like the pictures in preview page (details.php?image_id=1) for example 500 px width and when user clicks on download or download zip buttons he downloads real size pictures for example 1600x1200 px.  I know I can resize pics to 500px but the oryginal file is gone ?

Oh. I'm preparing Polish translation of your script, so I will send you it in few days. Hope You can help me with this.

Thanks

Pabchu

Offline pabchu

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 06:01:23 PM »
Does anyone know how to help me :

Offline Nossie

• View Profile
    • GothicWinter.Com
here is my work around...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 12:27:56 PM »
the only way I can get around what you say pabchu is to upload the image as normal and then edit the location of the downloaded image (in the image edit options..)

if you click here you will see what I mean

unfortunatly there doesnt appear to be a way to do this automatically on verifying an upload.... I think this would be great in a future mod or update? its a feature I'd of thought would have been a must !.  :wink:
MOTD: LINUX IS LIKE A WIGWAM - NO WINDOWS, NO GATES, APACHE INSIDE !!!

Offline skink

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 01:13:32 PM »
Hi Pabchu,

Answer to your Question Nr. 2:

Just check out the modified script that Jan posted me yesterday. Of course you'll have to change it a bit, but that should do the job.

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1861

Steve

Offline Nossie

• View Profile
    • GothicWinter.Com
Hi Skink...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 01:26:41 PM »
I think this script would work... but imho for me anyways (I dont know about Pabchu) it wouldn't be so usable...

I'd only need to download one image... but that image would be the large one... cutting that script to bits would work but I'd still have to upload the file manually via ftp?

I know it would probaly take a bit of time... (I think)

but what I would personaly like to see is this...

an extra upload box in the upload script that would accept another graphic... this graphic would then be put in a corresponding folder and would be downloaded via the download link (in the same way the http: options works)

Otherwise I dont see how it would be any easier than how I'm doing it currently...

I see how the script might work for you since your gallery is for professional/client use only... but for a user submitted gallery it doesnt work nearly so well...

thanks anyways :)
(\).
MOTD: LINUX IS LIKE A WIGWAM - NO WINDOWS, NO GATES, APACHE INSIDE !!!